Quality Control Inspector
A Shift/C Shift
- Help establish quality control systems in battery production
- Conduct inspection work on cells to determine if specifications are met
- Carry out analysis to check for safety and performance from pre-production and mass production environments
- Collect product data from the manufacturing process
- Help carry out analysis and evaluation of sample cell data through specific factors to reduce defects and improve battery performance
- Provides support to the cell manufacturing process through audits on defect prevention to assure production quality
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
- To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the protection of our employees, wearing PPE is a possibility and may include equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, bump cap, and a full hazmat suit that includes a respirator.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Basic: High School Diploma, GED
- Preferred: Associates degree in a Science or engineering
- Familiarity with quality management tools such as controls chart, FTA, and FMEA
- Must possess excellent dexterity and nimbleness with repetitive hand motions
- Practical experience with materials analysis, testing, and chemical analysis equipment
- Skilled with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to keep accurate records
- Ability to read product data sheets and confirm conformance of products to specifications
- Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English
- Minimum of 1+ years of quality control and quality inspection background
- A background as a quality inspector in high-volume manufacturing is strongly desired
- Experience in defect reduction of high-volume manufacturing products
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal abilities
Physical Activities: (Percentage of time (equaling 100%) during the normal workday the employee is required to)
- Sit: 10%
- Walk: 20%
- Stand: 40%
- Lift: 30%
Tools and/or Equipment: (Required frequency is: Not required (0%), Occasional (1-33%), Frequent (34-66%, Continuous (67-100%)
- Keyboard/Computer: Occasional
- Office Equipment: Occasional
- Phone Occasional
Required Lifting and Carrying: (Required frequency is: Not required (0%), Occasional (1-33%), Frequent (34-66%, Continuous (67-100%)
- Up to 10 lbs.: Frequent
- Up to 20 lbs.: Frequent
- Up to 35 lbs.: Frequent
- Team-lift only (over 35 lbs.): Frequent
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla at a massive battery factory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic's role at the Gigafactory is to manufacture and supply cylindrical lithium-ion cells to Tesla for their electric vehicles and energy storage systems.
Over the past few years, the Gigafactory has grown to the largest lithium-ion battery factory in the world. Together with our partner Tesla, we continue to revolutionize the lithium-ion battery space and accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy and transportation.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by producing the world’s safest, high quality, and lowest cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.