Pay ranges from $21.05 - 32.42 based on years of experience. Starting rates increase with years of experience. Other offerings include annual bonus potential, paid time off, 11 paid holidays per year, sick time, medical, dental, vision, 401K with match, life insurance, and more.
WHO WE ARE:
If you've ever boarded a plane with a video display on the seat in front of you, offering Movies, TV, Gaming Wifi and Bluetooth Audio, there's a great chance that Panasonic Avionics is behind it all. And we are looking for the best and brightest to join our Technical Services & Repair Team to help us continue to provide the best In-Flight-Entertainment products on the planet.
Panasonic Avionics Corporate is looking to hire an Assembly Lead to join our corporate team of expert Repair Technicians who focus on building, troubleshooting, and fixing aircraft avionics devices and IFE (in-flight entertainment) products that function on various across the globe.. As the #1 provider of IFE products in the world, we offer a culture, training platform, and long-term career trajectory that is designed to make your career TAKE OFF!
- Works with Supervisor to implement department and group goals for Production staff to reduce operational costs and improve efficiency/quality through Lean Manufacturing and 5S. Plans daily and weekly activities and projects for assembly, enforcing all company policy and procedures. Assists in training production employees.
- Issues assignments to assembly personnel and moves resources on production floor to meet schedule demands, under the direction of the Manufacturing Supervisor. Works with planners and manufacturing process engineers to revise operation lead times and production schedule to meet required manufacturing completion dates.
- Interprets engineering and manufacturing documentation for workers as required.
- Prepares, collects and maintains reports such as job status, units shipped, units built, rework hours and monthly squawks for weekly and monthly department production reports.
- Works with supervisor and other leads to cross-train personnel and evaluate staff performance.
- Substitutes for absent workers or assists workers to alleviate work overload.
- Explains and demonstrates manufacturing procedures and techniques to workers as lessons learned when corrective actions or excessive squawks are issued; documents training completed by staff.
- Verifies that assembly personnel are properly performing their assigned tasks, that quality procedures are being followed and that manufacturing requirements are being achieved.
- Recommends improvements in methods, procedures and/or equipment to achieve or exceed committed goals of quality and quantity of product being produced.
- Responsible for maintaining 5S requirements and a clean and safe work environment
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED).
- 4 to 7 years of electrical assembly, engineering drawing, and/or electrical test experience
- 2+ years of leadership background
- Working experience in Manufacturing highly preferred
- Ability to perform in a team environment with good interpersonal skills. Provides leadership to and/or technical guidance to other assemblers.
- Proficient computer skills to access released drawings, operate Pro-E, and windchill, or other 3D or design drawing software.
- Must be able to work in a changing fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Must be able to meet or exceed quality and quantity standards.
- Must be able to maintain regular and reliable attendance.
- Must be able to maintain safe, clean and organized work areas.
- Must be able to learn new skills when presented new information.
- Must be capable of reading, understanding and following instructions, written or verbal.
- Ability to stand/walk for an extended period of time.
- Repetitive hand/feet movement required in the use of manual and electric tools, (for example screwdrivers, torque wrenches, manual and pneumatic presses, etc.); Ability to tighten a variety of screws, nuts, fittings and other fasteners on a frequent basis. Ability to grip, pinch, grasp, bend, crouch, kneel and twist to operate various tools and machines.
- Ability to occasionally lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
- Good-hand eye coordination, sharp eyesight for ensuring accuracy.
- Ability to maintain normal levels of productivity.
- Ability to focus on details with regard to procedures and workflow.