1. Assembles commercial refrigeration appliances using hand-tools: Obtains specified parts or sub-assemblies. Aligns holes, inserts screws or bolts, and tightens them, using nut runner or power screwdriver, to assemble preformed panels and support brackets to base.
2. Bolts sub-assemblies, such as motors, pumps, control panels, blowers, heating units, and doors, using wrenches and power nut runners.
3. Aligns doors, brackets, racks, and moving parts before tightening to achieve appearance, fit, and movement specified.
4. Packs or folds insulation between panels.
5. Connects electrical wires on control panel to motors, heating units, or blowers, according to color and length of wire, by forcing plug connectors together and sliding plastic insulators over connection.
6. Lubricates moving parts, using grease paddle or oil can.
7. May place panels in fixture to align for bolting.
8. May clamp test wires to machine and observe meter and light to test for shorts, grounds, and wattage.
REQUIREMENTS: (from Kenexa) - May require a high school diploma or its equivalent and 0-3 years of experience in the field or in a related area. - Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
Hussmann is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to veteran status, disability, age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, or any other non-merit based factor.