Apprenticeship Coordinator, Avionics Maintenance Services
Hybrid - Langley & Remote
Full-time - 37.5 hours per week
Travel up to 25% across UK & EMEA
Who We Are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, and career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more.
If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. For a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
Panasonic Avionics Corporation (PAC) has been operating a successful apprenticeship program designed to introduce aspiring engineers to the world of aircraft maintenance, avionic repairs, and line station services.
Apprentices are given the unique opportunity to work with cutting-edge technology and aircraft, including notable models like the A350, 787/777, and 777/9, among others.
This experience not only cultivates essential face-to-face customer service skills but also provides exposure to working with global airline clients, making these positions highly coveted by individuals eager to pursue a career in the aviation industry.
As a result of the program's expansion, we are excited to introduce a newly established role responsible for supporting and coordinating the UK Apprenticeship Program. This role involves offering comprehensive support and guidance to managers, supervisors, and apprentices. You will actively contribute to a variety of projects aimed at enhancing and advancing the existing apprenticeship scheme. In this role, you will serve as a central point of contact, fostering strong relationships with our approved vendors, both within the organization and externally.
Your responsibilities will extend to facilitating the onboarding process for new recruits in the UK and European line stations. You will work closely with your direct manager and collaborate with cross-functional departments to ensure that all necessary equipment, badging, training, and essential paperwork are diligently prepared before the first day of work. Join us as we embark on this exciting journey in the aviation industry
· Support the recruitment/onboarding process for PTS, ensuring prompt action on communications and maintaining dialogue with stakeholders.
· Work closely with our Apprentice provider (Currently Resource Group) to ensure that all aspects of the recruitment/ selection/onboarding and work experience elements are fully supported at all times.
· Coordinate with Talent Acquisition to prepare onboarding actions for new joiners.
· Work with the direct manager to order appropriate IT systems and equipment.
· Schedule New Employee Connection within the first week.
· Assist new joiners in obtaining necessary airside badges and access.
· Ensure completion of HR paperwork.
· Schedule training dates in coordination with the Technical Training team.
· Serves as the point of contact for questions and concerns during the first few months of employment.
· Coordinate all aspects of apprenticeship support services, including administrative operations.
· Implement, maintain, and execute processes, procedures, and documentation for the apprentice program.
· Conduct duty of care visits and progress reviews with the chosen provider for maintenance experience and the nominated independent assessor.
· Administer apprenticeship agreements and provide advice to apprentices and employers on relevant legislation and regulations.
· Coordinate orientations for new apprentices
What We're Looking For:
· Effective communication with internal departments, external vendors, and management.
· Methodical and organized approach.
· Ability to work cross-functionally and obtain information promptly.
· Independent and self-directed work capabilities.
· Sound judgment in problem-solving.
· Ability to meet tight deadlines and SLAs.
· Proficiency in MS Office and software systems.
· Prior experience or knowledge of apprenticeships is a plus but not essential.
· A valid driver's license is required for travel.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What We Offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive, and flexible benefits program.
The salary is just one component of Panasonic’s total package. The final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to the individual’s knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this role may be eligible for discretionary bonuses and incentives.