Panasonic Eco Solutions Canada Inc.
Apprentice Electrician – Solar PV Operations and Maintenance
We are seeking a motivated and enthusiastic Apprentice Electrician to join our Solar PV Operations and Maintenance (O&M) team. In this role, you will assist in the maintenance and repair of rooftop commercial solar PV systems located in southern Ontario ranging from 100 kW to 500 kW in size. You will work closely with licensed electricians and other team members.
The position is based in Mississauga, ON.
The position is currently an hourly full-time role.
- Assist with routine maintenance activities - preventative and corrective maintenance of photovoltaic projects in accordance with codes and standards using drawings, schematics, and instructions including visual inspections, thermal imaging, IV curve tracing, torque checking.
- Maintenance and replacement of low voltage equipment such as inverter monitoring, weather stations, irradiance sensors, surveillance cameras, SCADA contactors, racking systems, bird repellant, wiring, inverter components, solar modules, and various monitoring systems.
- Assist electricians in replacing damaged electrical components such as, disconnects, splitters, load panels and inverters.
- Apprentices may also be requested to do on-call maintenance services on weekends and holidays.
- Provide timely written reports from field operation, status, and constructive feedback to supervisor as requested.
- Communicate effectively with clients, building staff, manufacturer representative, and office staff
- Lead efforts for safe working practices. The candidate will need to have experience working outdoors in Commercial/Industrial settings. Knowledge of solar PV systems is a must.
- 2 years of experience in operation and maintenance of power generation with minimum 1 year of solar PV an asset
- Must be self-motivated
- Knowledge of Ontario Electrical Safety codes
- Proficient at Microsoft office suite, and have proven ability to learn new software programs
- Physical ability to: lift and carry items weighing up to 60 pounds; climb ladders, bend, stoop, work in awkward positions for several hours at a time, and crawl through small tunnels that are hot, muddy, and wet; work during inclement weather.
- Willing to travel across Southern Ontario with possible overnight stays as required
- Must have a Class G license
- Familiar with Solmetric solar curve tracing an asset
- level 1 thermography training an asset
Note: you will need your own safety boots, PPE and hand tools.