The Application Engineer will provide engineering, estimating and planning services for refrigeration systems, Port-A-Pak, C02, coil products, cases and panel products to the branch or distributors, including sales, service, construction, manufacturing and engineering departments to service customers' needs. To provide accurate refrigeration legends to the Sales/Order Entry Department. Provide additional training for new engineers in the areas of Application Engineering.
- Make recommendations to the sales department on creative engineering approaches and advantages of multiple types of products for our supermarket customers.
- Sit with customers and develop specifications while understanding the impact to Revenue and GP.
- Work with sales, customers, drafters, and consulting engineering groups to ensure proper system layouts and design of commercial refrigeration systems.
- Assist field and customer service personnel in answering equipment application questions.
- Provide process improvement ideas to enhance our level of customer service and better our department.
- Mentor to new application engineers and help other departments better understand our designs.
- Remain current with existing and latest technologies in the industry.
- Understand the CAD functions and able to check CAD work to find errors and make recommendations for improvements.
Education & Experience:
- BS in applicable Engineering field or Technical degree and minimum 3 years direct experience in Supermarket application or design.
- 6 plus years of direct experience in Supermarket application or design.
- Create reports and make presentations.
- Extensive knowledge of commercial refrigeration systems.
- Excel (can perform complex functions) , Word, PowerPoint and some working knowledge of AutoCAD systems.
- Converse with sales personnel, vendors, trade representatives and customers.
Comprehensive Insurance Plans: Health, Dental and Vision, 401k with Company Matching Contribution, Discretionary 401k Company Contribution, Tuition Reimbursement Program, Life/Disability Insurance, Family Leave, Panasonic Employee Discounts, Paid Vacation and Holidays, Wellness Program, Identity Protection, Community Stewardship, Employee Assistance Program and more
Hussmann is a leader in providing display merchandisers, refrigeration systems, installation and services to food retailers around the world. We do more than provide a refrigeration system or install and maintain equipment. We provide our customers with solutions to make their businesses better. Finding a better way has always been the
Hussmann way. Since 1906, our focus on innovation has helped food retailers succeed. We hold over a 122 U.S. patents as well as 320 international patents from more than a dozen countries. We collaborate with customers across a variety of food retail segments as we work towards fulfilling a promise for better businesses, better partners, and a better world. Hussmann is a subsidiary of Panasonic USA.
Hussmann is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to veteran status, disability, age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, or any other non-merit based factor.