Applications Engineer I
- Assist with application deployments and upgrades
- Assist with asset management
- Assist with key process improvement initiatives to support business continuity and reliability of system infrastructure.
- Assist with application monitoring changes recommended by team leads.
- Assist with tape backups, which includes: Offsite management of tapes, replacing tapes as needed, and troubleshooting backup issues.
- Provide on-call 24/7/365 support on production systems, services & infrastructure (in rotation with other staff)
- Provide responses to trouble tickets in a timely fashion and in compliance with NOC/CPC standards.
- Basic understanding of Unix operating systems administration including Red Hat Linux, Ubuntu & CentOS.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic understanding of virtualization best practices and fundamentals.
- Basic understanding of network and communication systems fundamentals.
- Ability to execute on multiple priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Willing to learn new tools and technologies as we continue to involve In-Flight Entertainment and Connectivity.
- College diploma or university degree with a Technical Major, such as Engineering or Computer Science; equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of education requirement.
- 2 years relevant IT/Development experience, including Network Operations Center and 24/7 call center experience.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other computer components.
- Some domestic (<10%) and international (<5%) travel may be required for the purpose of cross training, capacity management & meeting with off-site personnel/management.
- May be required to undertake temporary work assignments in other states, counties or countries as operational requirements dictate.
- May be required to lift up to 30 pounds.
- Current passport in good standing.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America. #LI-SR2