- Develop a work schedule that incorporates the needs of the customer and Panasonic Avionics Corporation (PAC) and provide a monthly update by the fifth of the following month.
- Lead line technicians as they perform their duties.
- Schedule line technician's daily maintenance activities.
Aircraft/IFE Maintenance and other Support
- Perform maintenance, preventive maintenance, and alterations to PAC IFE Systems and other aircraft equipment on aircraft subject to e.g. FAA/CAA/EASA/CASA regulations.
- Perform troubleshooting and testing of electronic assemblies and units, and the removal and replacement of electronic assemblies, units or cabling while installed in the aircraft.
- Build customer satisfaction through identification, tracking, reporting, and successfully overcome all technical issues for assigned airlines using networked communication systems.
- Be a strong customer advocate inside Panasonic Avionics to help engineers and management understand and appreciate the customer's views and negotiation points.
- Technically support the customer as a liaison between line operations and PAC departments.
- Aggressively contribute to the resolution of all in-fleet problems, assisting the efforts of affected support and engineering organizations within PAC.
- Develop and maintain a thorough and accurate knowledge of all PAC products, testers, harnesses, and associated equipment. Requires that employee maintain knowledge of product revisions and modifications.
- As required, based on aircraft type, may work on other aircraft equipment as assigned.
- Perform daily data entry tasks and administrative duties.
- Operate as the local trainer on the PAC IFE SYSTEM.
- Ability to read, comprehend and follow instructions, procedures, blueprints, diagrams, manuals and to comprehend and follow verbal instructions in English, the global aviation standard.
- Demonstrated ability to lead others.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook (MS products).
- Advanced background and knowledge of electronics and troubleshooting generally acquired through commercial aviation, military experience or technical school education combined with two years of related industry experience.
- Ability to work in a high-stress, high-pressure environment.
- Consistently works on moderately complex assignments requiring independent action and a high degree of initiative to resolve issues. Makes recommendations for new procedures.
- Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments. Often acts as a facilitator and team leader.
- As a highly skilled specialist, contributes to the development of concepts and techniques. Completes complex tasks in creative and effective ways.
- A&P Mechanic license.
- Valid Driver license.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 3 - 5 years related industry experience preferred.
- Appropriate academic/technical qualifications and experience to satisfy regulatory licensing for assigned country or geographical region, and customer requirements e.g. FAA, CASA or EASA A, B1 and/or B2 with relevant type ratings.
- Ability to pass extensive security and background checks.
- Airline maintenance operations and 24/7 technical support experience highly desired.
- Must have unrestricted authorization to work in US with documentation proving you are a US person and have authorization to work in the US.
- May require both international and domestic travel, up to 25% of time, to other line station locations to provide relief from time to time as required.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license and be able to meet the requirements of the airport authority for access and vehicle operation on their premises.
- Must be able to work any shift, weekends and holidays.
- Manual dexterity and the ability to grasp and work with tool parts and equipment.
- Ability to climb and work from ladder or platform; endure sitting, standing, bending or twisting for extended periods and ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to operate under extreme weather conditions and in confined spaces for extended periods.
- Ability to cope with environmental conditions which may include exposure to congestion and varying noise levels.
This role does not offer applicants with sponsorship employment benefits or work visas.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.