ITC Global requires an experienced AP Accountant to join their team in Aberdeen, Scotland.
As an AP Accountant you will be responsible for processing all invoices and expenses received for payment and for undertaking the payment of all creditors in an accurate, efficient and timely manner. The AP Accountant is responsible for providing financial and administrative support to ensure effective, efficient and accurate financial and administrative operations.
As an AP Accountant your duties will include:
Accounts payable (80%)
- Receives and verify invoices and requisitions for goods and services
- Verifies that transactions comply with financial policies and procedures
- Verifies discrepancies and resolves supplier’s billing issues
- Prepares batches of invoices for data entry
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports
- Maintains supplier database on ERP system
- Prepares electronic transfers and payments
- Issues supplier remittance advices
- Assists in month-end closing activities for the company’s accounting department.
General administration and accounting support (20%)
- Supports the finance team with the SOX compliance.
- Handles telephone calls, e-mails and mail and ensure follow up
- Handles the import and export VAT documents
- Ensures appropriate working environment (office supply, meeting room booking, refreshments etc.)
- Maintains a filing system for all supplier related documents
- Additional ad hoc activities requested by manager
- Respects and complies with internal HSE procedures.
- Proven ability to effectively manage time in accordance with department
- High-level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Good communication and telephone skills.
- IT proficient with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Works on assignments that are semi-routine in nature but recognizes the need for occasional deviation from accepted practice.
- Normally follows established procedures on routine work and requires instructions only on new assignments
- Teamwork and cooperation in an international and multicultural environment, working with local and remote teams
- Autonomy and initiative to propose and lead his/her own projects
- Willingness to learn. High level of self-awareness to identify own gap of competences/knowledge and ability to self-learn
Education and Experience:
- At least 2 year of practical experience in a similar position
- Experience of Microsoft Dynamics desirable