Job Title: Analytics Development Supervisor
Department: Digital Transformation
Category: Exempt (Salaried)
The Analytics Development Supervisor supervises a team of analytics engineers to resolve business problems and lead data-driven business decisions. This role will report to Digital Solution Engineering Manager and is responsible for leading the analytics development to support the implementation of various digital solutions at PENA.
- Supervises a team of data analysts and data analytics developers and manages the development activities in an agile fashion
- Serves as a point of contact responsible for understanding the big development picture
- Clear understanding of key IT business systems, reporting and analytics, general ledger management, data modeling, and data warehousing.
- Lead the definition of data requirements, analysis procedures, logic, review and improve testing, and data analysis processes and approaches, making recommendations to leadership.
- Defining strategies for data warehouse, data lake, data mesh, and meta data.
- Evaluates advanced statistical models and approaches for application in the business’s most complex issues.
- Works with all functional teams in PENA to ensure that the digital products developed meet the specifications
- Implements and drives rigorous design review and quality control process
- Works with other DTG team leaders to collaboratively design and implement the integrated PLC/SCADA/MES digital solutions
- Applies technical knowledge to develop clear and standard work instructions
- Leads by example with a strong work ethic and a “get the job done” approach
- Has excellent time and project management skills, including effectively allocating time and resources, clearly tracking project progress, and delivering accurate results by deadlines
- Participates in and supports the Company's Continuous Improvement program and projects
- Effectively communicates and works with management teams, team members, and related divisions (e.g. Production, Maintenance, Engineering, Quality Control)
- Executes high performance culture and servant leadership
- Performs other duties as assigned
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
- To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the protection of our employees, wearing PPE is a possibility and may include equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, bump cap, and a full hazmat suit that includes a respirator.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Basic/Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Science or related field
- Familiar with agile development methodology
- Minimum of 3+ years of industrial experience
- Strong analytic and decision-making abilities. Able to influence others to move towards a common goal
- A strong team player who can work closely with multiple functional groups in a fast-pace environment
- Self-motivation and resourcefulness
- Able to manage multiple concurrent tasks in a fast-paced environment, effectively prioritize work, and deliver quality results
- Intuitive, adaptable, creative, and collaborative with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English
- Minimum of 2+ years of analytics development experience
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Six sigma green belt
- Alignment to Panasonic’s seven (7) core principles (contribution to society, fairness and honesty, cooperation and team spirit, untiring effort for improvement, courtesy and humility, adaptability, gratitude)
Physical Activities: (Percentage of time (equaling 100%) during the normal workday the employee is required to)
- Sit: 30%
- Walk: 30%
- Stand: 30%
- Lift: 10%
Required Lifting and Carrying: (Required frequency is: Not required (0%), Occasional (1-33%), Frequent (34-66%, Continuous (67-100%)
- Up to 10 lbs.: Occasional
- Up to 20 lbs.: Occasional
- Up to 35 lbs.: Occasional
- Team-lift only (over 35 lbs.): Occasional
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla at a massive battery factory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic's role at the Gigafactory is to manufacture and supply cylindrical lithium-ion cells to Tesla for their electric vehicles and energy storage systems.
Over the past few years, the Gigafactory has grown to the largest lithium-ion battery factory in the world. Together with our partner Tesla, we continue to revolutionize the lithium-ion battery space and accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy and transportation.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by producing the world’s safest, high quality, and lowest cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.