Panasonic – Algorithm Engineering Manager
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
You will work in a small team of data science engineers to expand our internal and customer-facing features and functionality through ML analysis. You will be responsible for design, development, testing and maintenance of analysis features based on warehoused data. You should be comfortable helping to convert your prototype analytics from to AWS cloud native services. You will also work closely with the product team to develop platform capabilities.
- Provide technical vision and strategy for algorithms design, development, release, and ongoing maintenance.
- Own the team’s multi-year technical roadmap and ensure balanced investment in foundational research and infrastructure.
- Manage trade-offs in product delivery and enabling future advances.
- Design team interaction with cross-functional counterparts to ensure efficient and effective product development.
- Build and grow a top-tier team through recruiting, mentoring, and coaching.
- Drive the analysis, design, and implementation of algorithms
- Define and deliver algorithms, success metrics, and reference documentation for key features
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to implement quality, correctness, and performance measurement and monitoring throughout the product life-cycle.
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Math/Statistics or a related field or equivalent practical experience
- 5 years of experience building and leading engineering teams
- Experience developing production software and shipping consumer products
- Demonstrated strength in cross-functional communication and collaboration
- Experience with embedded devices, cloud computing platforms, distributed systems
- 5+ years’ experience in one or more of: Python, C/C++, Java
- 5+ years hands-on experience through ML development lifecycle
- Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.