About Panasonic Avionics
For over 35 years, Panasonic Avionics Corporation has led the industry in design and implementation of breakthrough In-Flight Entertainment solutions that connect the business and pleasure of flying.
About PTS (Panasonic Technical Services)
Panasonic Technical Services operates the largest IFEC line maintenance and repair networks in the world. Our mechanics located at both international airports and customers major hubs across the globe provide support that is tailored to meet an airlines individual needs. PTS brings together all of the engineering, technical, and logistics infrastructure to support and deliver superior in-flight connectivity solutions to our Aviation customers.
The ideal candidate has the following qualifications.
- Must be authorized to work in the Canada
- Transport Canada License (TCL). Preferably Category E –Avionics
- Must have Transport Canada Airport Security clearance
- 3-5 Years Aviation Maintenance experience. IFE/Avionics experience a plus.
- Valid Driver License
- Flexibility. Must be able to work any shift, any day, including holidays and weekends.
- Must have excellent customer service skills. Able to be the face of Panasonic for our aviation customers and partners. Works well in teams.
Aircraft/IFE Maintenance and Support
- Perform built-in test (BIT) and manual test of Panasonic Avionics Corporation IFE systems.
- Troubleshoot electronic units, cabling or seat consoles in which failures occur down to the line replaceable modules, using knowledge of electronic theory.
- Identify necessary repairs to restore functional acceptance, which may require the removal and replacement of defective line replaceable modules and/or cabling.
- Operate a vehicle on airport property and around aircraft.
- Operate airline communications equipment.
- Communicate and interface with the customer.
- Document the testing and repairs using computer and bar-coding equipment.
- Receive and prepare parts.
- Assist in tracking the spares inventory.
- Perform other reasonable related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor or upper management.
- Ability to pass extensive security and background checks.
- Ability to work in a high-stress, high-pressure environment.
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments.
- Works on problems of moderate to diverse scope requiring considerable judgment and initiative.
- Understands implications of work and makes recommendations for solutions.
- As a skilled specialist completes tasks in resourceful and effective ways.
- Knowledge of electronic and troubleshooting generally acquired through commercial aviation, military experience or technical school education combined with one or two years of related industry experience.
- Must have the legal right to work in the assigned country through nationality, visa or work permits.
- May require both international and domestic travel, up to 25 % of the time, to other line station locations to provide relief from time to time as required.
- Must hold a valid driver's license and be able to meet the requirements of the airport authority for access and vehicle operation on their premises.
- Must be able to work any shift, weekends and holidays.
- Manual dexterity to grasp and work with tool parts and equipment.
- Ability to climb and work from ladder or platform, and endure sitting, standing, bending or twisting for extended periods and ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to operate under extreme weather conditions and in confined spaces for extended periods.
- Ability to cope with environmental conditions which may include exposure to congestion and varying noise levels.
- Climb and work from ladder or platforms.
This role will not provide applicants with sponsorship employment benefits or work visas.