Panasonic – AI Research Scientist
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
At this Lab., one of the first groups to adopt deep learning for autonomous systems in the Silicon Valley, we work at the leading edge of deep learning and collaborate with the world’s best universities and research centers. We are looking for passionate engineers and researchers who want to contribute in this exciting fast-moving field. This role focuses on deep learning algorithm for autonomous systems, home sensing, robotics, etc. We target research on perception, including computer vision, sensing and sensor fusion (thermal, depth sensor, Lidar, acoustic, etc.) as well privacy preserving AI and generative modeling (Generative Adversarial Networks).
- Algorithm design, programming (Python, C/C++) and evaluation
- Documentation and Others
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- MS/PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering equivalent preferred
- Experience in Deep Learning Development
Skills & Abilities:
- Key desired behaviors; e.g., problem solving, innovation, collaboration, etc.
- Proficiency in Python and C++
- Knowledge of multi deep-learning frameworks, such as Tensor-Flow, PyTorch
- Vision, perception, generative modeling (GAN’s)
- Track record of excellence in the machine learning/perception, including patents, publications to international conferences or journals
- Key communications contacts (internal/external) and level of persuasion required
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills not only with our colleagues, but also with overseas internal / external engineers
- Ability to report activities in a clear organized fashion
- 10% of the total time to international conferences and symposiums
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.