The role holder will be a senior sales account manager distinguished by additional specialized knowledge, and viewed as one of the experts by the company and in the field of Advertising Sales.
Typically handles more critical accounts or larger territories; has a management role over Account Managers within designated area of responsibility. Helps to establish sales growth and profit targets for the region. P&L responsibility.
- Lead business development efforts with content providers and applications developers in support of connectivity enabled, revenue generation initiatives.
- Manage licensing agreements and royalty/revenue share arrangements with 3rd party content and applications providers.
- Develop a strong relationship with key management at assigned customer accounts and assist with other customers as directed to ensure increased customer satisfaction and increased market share.
- Oversight of Regional Account Management team as well as interface with Field Engineering, Program Management Organization, Marketing, ISE, ALST, PLM, and other assigned personnel in order to achieve total customer satisfaction with assigned accounts.
- Travel to customer locations to develop relationships and completely understand customers' issues. Determines what customer is trying to accomplish, fix, or avoid and then applies expertise to jointly develop solutions.
- Develop and maintain detailed information on potential customer organizations, key decision makers, and key influencers with the purpose of fostering relationship between customer and Panasonic Avionics Corporation.
- Hire, lead, train, motivate and appraise performance of Account Managers in assigned region.
- Ensure proper implementation of marketing programs, product promotions, and new product launches in order to maintain Panasonic Avionics Corporation as the preferred In-Flight Entertainment supplier.
- Develop business plan and marketing strategy for product lines.
- Work with Product Line Management to coordinate departmental or cross-functional teams focusing on delivering new or upgrading existing products.
- Continually monitor and negotiate Product Line commitments to ensure smooth implementation (development milestones, introduction rates, offer ability, etc.).
- Keep informed of competitors, developments, and trends in assigned region. Provides regular reports on activities and opportunities in region.
- Manage regional budget and helps to establish sales growth and profit targets for the region.
- Minimum 10 years of a combination of Account Management, product management or program management and successful Sales experience in avionics or aerospace.
- Bachelors or Equivalent University Degree in Business, Sales or Marketing or technical degree in related field preferred.
- Strong background in product management/development within the advertising industry. Experienced in the IFEC industry. Solid grasp of engineering requirements and processes. Significant level of contacts throughout the customer and supply base.
- Comprehensive knowledge of IFE/GCS system architecture(s). Firm grasp of dependencies, commercial options, and issues associated with functionality, system, and LRU choices. Comprehensive knowledge of GUI options, application functionality, and associated commercial and technical implications for choices.
- Seasoned account management skills, across large, complex/key strategic accounts. Sophisticated rapport building and influencing tools and skills. Very good presentation skills across senior (Board level) and large audiences. Astute negotiation capability with long term / anticipatory perspective. Comprehensive commercial understanding of customer issues, and how Panasonic can create a compelling value proposition to address these issues.
- Strong capability in building effective teamwork to service customers’ requirements, particularly in addressing key issues in a timely and successful manner. Resourceful in ensuring customers’ requirements are met. Normally acts as escalation point, yet level of maturity to know how / when to escalate issues to achieve effective and efficient action. Seen as authoritative by all levels within the company.
- Comprehensive execution of required regular reviews such as forecasting, OSO entry, award and handover routines, program control, cash collection, account review, with high level of efficiency. Driver in supporting the improvement of these processes. Excellent Excel, PowerPoint and Word skills allowing rapid self-sufficiency in generating persuasive proposals, compelling presentations, and strong financial analysis (although may lead or indirectly lead staff who do this work). Driven to approach both new and existing customers to listen and understand customer issues, and clearly relay product offerability back to customer for potential long-term solutions. Diligence and discipline in follow-up and follow-through, with high level of visibility to both customer and internal organization. Critical thinking skills to utilize product and market strategy in order to customize potential client solutions while maintaining company profitability.
- Travel of up to 50% of the time, primarily regionally and occasionally globally.