Panasonic – Advanced Manufacturing Engineer
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do
The Advanced Manufacturing Engineer is responsible to moving new product implementations from R&D to production manufacturing. Utilizing the Panasonic IIoTS new product development process (PDP/Stage Gate process) and existing Panasonic QA and Corporate compliance and quality processes. Ensures certifications, regulatory, and product validation testing processes are completed. Supports the manufacturing / supply chain companies and/or divisions which will be located globally and typically in the Asia Pacific (APAC) region. This includes running design for manufacturing (DFM) processes, Bill of Materials (BOM) management, component supplier support, contract manufacturing test pre-production builds and similar tests, and supporting test fixtures used in manufacturing. In summary, this role will ensure a smooth transition for a new product from the design completion stage to full production.
- Offshore (Asia) supply chain
- Manufacturing Test Fixture Design / Build
- Collaborate with team members to develop
- Work with CM
- Test Plans – write, execute, manage progress
- Development (EV builds, etc.)
- Product Validation (PV)
- Pre-Production (PPM)
- Approve CMs work instructions (IQC1s and OQC2s)
- Responsible for Overseeing Product certification testing. For example: FCC, IC CE Certification NOM Certification
- Primary POC with Contract Manufacturer
- Front line contact for product manufacturing issues
- Coordinate with international team members on solutions
- Troubleshoot / implement solutions for problems arising in production
- Lead failure mode analysis (root cause analysis)
- Ensure compliance with Panasonic and government laws and regulations (including environmental).
- Sustaining engineering/supply chain
- Manage parts obsolescence issues
- Support product development design for manufacturability
- Contribute to product DFM discussions / Supplier DFM
- Authoring Manufacturing Specification Documents
- Support Panasonic IIoT-R Product Development Process
Education & Experience:
- A BS in one of: Manufacturing/Electrical/Mechanical Engineering is required. There is a preference for Electrical and Manufacturing degrees.
- 5 years of experience
- Ability to read a schematic
- Ability to understand wiring diagrams
- Mechanical (CAD) experience (Solid works typical)
- Test engineering background a plus
- Electrical Surface mount PCBA Manufacturing experience a plus
- Some travel required (10%)
- Fluent in Japanese/Chinese a plus
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.