- Lead the daily activities of a small group of clerks, up to 5 people.
- Set goals for the team and individuals to achieve daily targets
- Cross train clerks for flexibility
- Assign modify delegate daily/weekly workloads
- Coordinate employee recognition plans with HR/Assembly
- Relay concerns from clerks to appropriate production teams and develop corrective actions. Follow CIG model.
- Assist in daily scheduling and communication needs for the department
- Work with cross functional teams as necessary to achieve daily targets
- Oversee department roster and maintain accuracy
- Oversee new employee orientation process
- Record, communicate, follow up, and drive action items from department meetings
- Help to prepare the weekly reports and business updates for Assembly management team
- Schedule meetings on behalf of Assembly management and prepare agendas for meetings
- Attend critical meetings and take minutes for future reference
- Follow up on various department level projects such as training requests, work orders, or MMS tickets
- Collect and prepare presentations and department data daily
- Collaborate with Assembly support teams to create Request for Approval (RFA) documents
- Coordinate and schedule meetings for the GM, SPM, and APMs
- Assist with calendar & schedule management of the Assembly management team
- Coordinate office needs such as desk assignments, office furniture, etc.
- Coordinate IT hardware and software needs for the management and administrative members of the department
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
- To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the protection of our employees, wearing PPE is a requirement for some roles at PENA and may include equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, bump cap, and a full hazmat suit that includes a respirator.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Basic/Required: High School Diploma or Associates Degree
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to cooperate and work with related departments including overseas, Japan
- Flexibility to solve the issues without fixed thinking
- Self-Driven and able to overcome obstacles with little supervision
- Able to handle very confidential information
- Able to work independently and in a team environment, as well as with cross-functional groups
- Resilient, self-motived and able to work well under pressure
- Proficient computer skills in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint to put together proposals, project planning and status updates and executive presentations
- Minimum of 2 years of related professional experience in a fast-paced office environment or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to learn new technologies, adapt to changing requirements and balance time across multiple projects
- Excellent communication (spoken and written) skills, including the ability to explain and present technical information
- Basic understanding of manufacturing operations
- Able to influence change without direct authority
- Excellent analytical & problem-solving skills
- Ability to identify and analyze data patterns and quality discrepancies
- Experience leading projects and coordinating with cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, flexible environment and take the initiative to learn new tools and concepts quickly
- Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English
- Minimum of 3+ years of people leader experience
- Prior manufacturing and/or SAP experience is desirable
- Alignment to Panasonic’s seven (7) core principles (contribution to society, fairness and honesty, cooperation and team spirit, untiring effort for improvement, courtesy and humility, adaptability, gratitude)
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla at a massive battery factory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic's role at the Gigafactory is to manufacture and supply cylindrical lithium-ion cells to Tesla for their electric vehicles and energy storage systems.
Over the past few years, the Gigafactory has grown to the largest lithium-ion battery factory in the world. Together with our partner Tesla, we continue to revolutionize the lithium-ion battery space and accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy and transportation.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by producing the world’s safest, high quality, and lowest cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.