This position is a key role in the Accounts Receivable department - responsible for balancing our systems on a daily/weekly/monthly basis. This role also performs the critical functions of Customer Set-Up, Ship-To Management, Audit Inquiry Response, as well as being the lead for process improvement and automation initiatives.
Role and Responsibilities
Responsible for balancing activities and correcting cash/system out-of-balance errors as well as backing-up similar functions of the AR Supervisor.
Responsible for providing support for our Cash-on-Demand and Cash-in-Advance and Credit Card Customers to ensure proper cash application and reporting per Unclaimed Property Laws for various states.
Responsible for Customer Set Up and Ship-To Set Management.
Responsible for managing Customer Master Request Data and the customer set-up log, as well as correcting customer set-up related errors and order entry errors.
Responsible for creating new Sales-related references and relaying that information to appropriate parties.
Responsible for managing the Cross-reference and Customer Address reports.
Responsible for understanding the end-to-end AR processes and responding to audit inquiries.
Responsible for process improvement and automation initiatives, as well as documenting procedures, processes, and systems as they evolve.
Responsible for other projects as needed.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- 3 – 5 years Accounts Receivable or other Accounting / Finance experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance / Accounting / Business
- Strong analytical and reconciliation abilities
- Attention to detail with strong time management skills
- Ability to organize and coordinate multiple tasks/projects, communicating information in a timely fashion, with the appropriate sense of urgency
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Highly motivated with the ability to work in a team environment and as a strong individual contributor
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite (Intermediate to Advanced Excel is a must)
- Exposure to Oracle, Infor XA, Hyperion, Power BI, or Microsoft Dynamics a definite plus.