Panasonic – CAP Vendor Admin Supervisor
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You'll Get To Do:
Asset Management, Compliance and Confidentiality:
- Ensure full compliance with PNA policies, internal controls, and Sarbanes-Oxley Act. Ensures protection of company assets in all areas. Ensure full compliance with IRS tax laws regarding W-9 and W-8 and 1099 reporting. Ensure proper handling of all confidential documents by following the guidelines set by PNA.
Supervise, Guide and Assist Vendor Maintenance:
- Understand IRS tax law for vendor setup, changes and invoice verification. Monitor self-registration APEX module for CAP intervention when necessary. Collaborate with procurement and IT to identify and rectify errors that occur between APEX and SAP Master Data Governance. Assist in prompt attention to vendor setup or changes by providing guidance and support to vendor administration. Assist in validation phone calls for bank account information changes. Assist in year-end preparation of 1099 reporting, including identifying issues that may cause incorrect filing or penalties.
Supervise Distribution, Review and Processing of Vendor invoices:
- Distribute vendor invoices to AP processing staff to ensure 2 day turnaround time set by management, while minimizing the cost of operation. Review and post all invoice transactions performed in various financial instances of SAP and Ariba by staff for accuracy, validity, proper approval and compliance. Supervise and assist AP staff to ensure invoices processing issues are resolved promptly and accurately. Identify the different process requirements needed to process foreign vendor payments set by the vendor and PNA and ensures they are handled properly. Preparation and setup of contract payments. Responsible for ensuring monthly and year end close of AP processing includes all invoices received in CAP prior to the end of closing day of that month and year. All issues must be resolved or acknowledged by the appropriate accounting areas
Planning, Analyzing and Reporting:
- Review aged and open items weekly in order to resolve issues promptly.
- Maintain procedure manual to ensure consistency and train new personnel.
- Assist in daily review of cash disbursement and reconciliation reports.
- Monitor AP staff production to identify weaknesses and provide direction and guidance when needed.
- Train and develop staff to enable them to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service and encourage staff to do the same.
- Provide semiannual and annual reviews to each staff member.
- Ability to communicate clearly with staff, management and business units.
Work closely with business units to provide timely payment transactions and identify areas of improvement. Communicate issues that may arise immediately with requesters to avoid further complications. Monitor customer satisfaction to prevent or correct issues.
What You'll Bring
Education and Experience:
- Degree required and preferred
- BA or BS degree in Accounting required.
- 5 years of Accounting experience required.
- Knowledge of AP department functions
- Strong knowledge of SAP required. Ariba procure to pay preferred
- Major Strengths
- Learning, Thinking, and Passion and results.
- Analytical ability to resolve issues, improve processes and prove prompt responses.
- Ability to explain policy and accounting details to non-accountants.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic prioritizes total wellbeing. We offer a wide variety of benefits and programs to support your physical, emotional, financial, social and environmental health.
The salary range of $87,000 - $100,000 is just one component of Panasonic’s total package. Actual compensation varies depending on the individual’s knowledge, skills, experience, and location. This role may be eligible for discretionary bonuses and incentives.
We understand that your career search may look different than others and embrace the professional, personal, educational, and volunteer opportunities through which people gain experience. If you are actively looking or starting to explore new opportunities, send us your application!