Panasonic – Accounts Payable Supervisor
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
Asset Management, Compliance and Confidentiality:
- Ensure full compliance with PC/PNA policies, internal controls, and Sarbanes-Oxley Act. Ensures protection of company assets in all areas. Ensure full compliance with IRS tax laws regarding W-9/W-8 and 1099 reporting.
- Ensure proper handling of all confidential documents by following the guidelines set by PNA.
- Supervise Distribution, Review and Processing of Vendor invoices. Oversee and instruct staff on entering invoices in SAP Material Management system. Equally distribute vendor invoices to A/P processing staff to ensure 2 - day turnaround time set by management, while minimizing the cost of operation.
- Review/post all invoice transactions performed in various financial instances of SAP and Ariba by staff for accuracy, validity, proper approval and compliance.
- Equally assign daily Ariba invoice reconciliation, Ariba unmatched invoice follow-up, check distribution and pre-note verification to processing staff.
- Oversee proper control of A/P document scanning and record retention by working closely with A/P staff, imaging company and document storage company.
- Supervise and assist A/P staff to ensure invoices processing issues are resolved promptly and accurately.
- Identify the different process requirements needed to process foreign vendor payments set by the vendor and PNA and ensures these are handled properly.
- Preparation and setup of contract payments and managing contract timelines. Responsible for ensuring monthly/year end close of A/P processing includes all invoices received in CAP prior to the end of closing day of that month/year.
- All issues must be resolved or acknowledged by the appropriate accounting areas. Support and assist vendor setup understand IRS tax laws for vendor setup, changes and invoice verification.
- Identify issues that may cause incorrect filing or penalties of 1099 reporting.
- Assist in year-end preparation of 1099 reporting.
- Assist in prompt attention to vendor setup or changes by providing guidance and support to vendor admin. Identify between what is a domestic vendor or foreign vendor and the different requirements by law.
- Communication with Procurement to ensure proper onboarding paperwork has been provided for new vendors.
Planning, Analyzing and Reporting:
- Monitor input volume on a weekly and monthly basis in order evaluate trends or changes in performance or volume increase or decrease.
- Analyze, identify and resolve issues. Review aged and open items weekly, so issues can be resolved promptly.
- Maintain procedure manual to ensure consistency and train new personnel.
- Assist in daily review of cash disbursement reports.
- Leadership Monitor A/P staff production to identify weaknesses and provide direction and guidance when needed.
- Train and develop staff to enable them to work independently as well as part of a team. Demonstrate excellent customer service and encourage staff to do the same.
- Provide semiannual and annual reviews to each staff member. Ability to communicate clearly with staff, management and business units.
- Work closely with business units to provide timely payment transactions and identify areas of improvement.
- Communicate issues that may arise immediately with requesters to avoid further complications.
- Monitor customer satisfaction to prevent or correct issues.
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- BA or BS degree in Accounting required.
- 5 years of A/P Accounting knowledge and experience required.
- Strong knowledge of SAP Material Management A/P invoice processing instances required. Ariba PO and Non- Po process to pay required
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.