About the Role:
This position will be a key role in the Accounts Payable department - responsible for the oversight and day-to-day management of the 3rd Party Invoice Processing Platform (DART), leading Accounts Payable projects, Supplier Master Data oversight and approval, process improvement initiatives, and backing up the AP Supervisor and AP Analyst in the department.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for leading the projects and process improvements in the Accounts Payable Department. Projects to include, but not limited to, moving to a new 3rd Party Invoice Processing Platform and New ERP System Implementations
- Responsible for the oversight and day-to-day management of the 3rd Party Invoice Processing Platform (DART). Responsibilities to include the processing of invoices in the assigned DART queues and assisting locations as needed regarding issues/questions, setting up new users, training others in the department, daily balancing, and supplier statement review and resolution
- Responsible for Supplier Master Data oversight which includes daily approval of supplier changes and review and updating of supplier information as needed (name change, remit to address, 1099 information, etc.)
- Responsible for the annual 1099 process, including the research of vendors to make sure they are to receive 1099’s and the generation of the reports necessary to provide a third party the information needed to generate the 1099’s.In addition, responsible for following up on any 1099 notices received from the government
- Responsible for assigned daily, weekly, month-end and annual tasks that include reporting, journal entries, account reconciliations, and audit requests as assigned
- Responsible for documenting procedures, processes, and systems as they evolve for the department
- Responsible for working with the AP Analyst on the Monthly Accounts Payable Analysis and Metrics. This includes responsibility for the AP dashboard in the Microsoft Power BI tool
- This role represents a senior member of the team and will provide mentorship and guidance to others. Additional responsibilities will be to back up the AP Supervisor, AP Analyst, and others in the accounts payable department as needed
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- 3 - 5+ years experience in Accounts Payable. Accounting experience a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance / Accounting
- Strong ability to organize and coordinate multiple tasks and communicate information in a timely fashion, with the appropriate sense of urgency
- Strong attention to customer needs, while maintaining a high level of discretion and confidentially in dealing with sensitive material
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, organizational skills, mathematical and analysis skills, detail oriented and highly motivated
- Ability to work in a team environment and as a strong individual contributor
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite (Intermediate to Advanced in Excel)
- Experience with 3rd Party Invoice Processing Platforms, OCR, or EDI
- Exposure to One Stream, Oracle, Infor XA, Microsoft Dynamics, Power BI a plus
Our organization offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
Comprehensive Insurance Plans: Health, Dental and Vision, 401k with Company Matching Contribution, Discretionary 401k Company Contribution, Tuition Reimbursement Program, Life/Disability Insurance, Family Leave, Panasonic Employee Discounts, Paid Vacation and Holidays, Wellness Program, Identity Protection, Community Stewardship, Employee Assistance Program and more.
Hussmann is a subsidiary of Panasonic USA. Finding a better way has always been the Hussmann way. Since 1906, our focus on innovation has helped food retailers succeed. We hold over a 122 U.S. patents as well as 320 international patents from more than a dozen countries. We collaborate with customers across a variety of food retail segments as we work towards fulfilling a promise for better businesses, better partners, and a better world.
Hussmann is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to veteran status, disability, age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, or any other non-merit based factor.