Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla Motors, Inc. in a large-scale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic manufactures and supplies cylindrical lithium-ion cells for the world’s leading electric vehicle manufacturer, Tesla Motors, Inc. Based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Gigafactory plans to produce cells which will double the world’s current production.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by production of the world’s safest, highest-quality, and lowest-cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
Accounts Payable Accountant responsible for matching of invoice, purchase order and packing slips. In addition, assure expenses are properly recorded to the proper department and conducts monthly vendor and accounts payable reconciliations.
- Performs function of receiving, reviewing, processing and reconciling supplier invoices
- Uses 3-way matching of invoices, purchase order and packing slip
- Monthly prepare vendor account reconciliations - supplier statements vs. PENA Payables
- Detail oriented to ensure expenses are charged to the proper department and make any necessary reclassification entries
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve invoice discrepancies by working with the PENA department that ordered the item(s) and/or supplier
- Manages spreadsheets and documentation for entry into the SAP system
- Timeliness and accuracy
- Ability to identify issues and work within the finance team and other teams to resolve the issues
- Enter journal entries for closing at the end of each month
- Other various administrative support as needed
- Support internal control efforts along with the finance supervisor/manager’s for implementing and maintaining internal controls for accounts payable
- Work with the Supervisor to implement accounts payable accounting policies and procedures as they are developed.
- Assist with preparation of audit schedules with proper documentation
- Assist auditors with any inquiries
- BS/BA degree preferred but not required
- Minimum of 3-5 years of accounts payable experience, preferably in a manufacturing or similar environment
- Advanced literacy with Microsoft Office, especially Excel spreadsheets and database functions for tracking, variance analysis and reporting
- Knowledge of SAP, Oracle or another fully integrated ERP system
- Follows procedures put in place by the finance team to compile data into worksheets and databases
- Ability to use reasoning to solve problems that may arise
- Communicate effectively with fellow team members and members of other departments
- Utilize established resources to complete work efficiently and effectively
- Strong customer service skills including excellent verbal, written, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Responds to inquiries from other departments in a timely manner
- Capable of handling confidential information in a responsible manner
- Approachable and adaptable, this is a start-up environment where priorities are constantly changing
- Flexibility and Multi-tasking capabilities
- Detail oriented and highly organized and able to follow a systematic method of performing a task
- Ability to respond in a timely and courteous manner to suppliers and PENA team members
- Ability to work with domestic and international teams
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits. Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. Panasonic Energy of North America will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy Corporation of North America.#LI