Panasonic – Accounting Manager
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You'll Get to Do:
Financial Data Management:
- Resolve daily operational activities concerning cost accounting treatment of financial transactions
- Maintain accurate account and data reconciliation including supporting sub-ledgers, journals, and other financial documentation within a cost efficient operation.
- Review appropriate ledger entries and reconciliations
- Manage all aspects of the general ledger
- Manage the accumulation of all financial data necessary for accurate accounting results
- In collaboration with other departments, manage the entire closing process that includes but is not limited to: revenue and expense recognition per GAAP, accruals including variable selling expenses and operating reserves, inter-company settlements, financial package preparation
- Oversee and manage timely performance of physical inventory and closing activities
- Oversee and manage correct standard and actual inventory cost calculation and maintenance
- Oversee and manage maintenance of cost accounting system in Oracle
- Oversee and manage BOM analysis and cost reports
- Oversee and manage preparation and updates of standard unit rates (material, direct labor, indirect labor, overhead expenses)
- Oversee and manage cost control system
- oversee and manage updates of policies and procedures (inventory, scrap, return of materials, slow moving inventory)
- oversee and manage PL by model – monthly actual vs forecast analysis of differences between actual and standard
- oversee and manage monthly forecast of investments and depreciation of fixed assets
Controls and Compliance:
- Insures full compliance with MEI and PNA policies, internal controls, and Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
- Insures protection of company assets in all areas through front line knowledge and experience
- Serve as a liaison to external auditors Assess internal controls, including risk assessments and reviews of risk areas.
- Establish and maintain internal controls Assess current accounting operations, offer recommendations for improvement and implement new processes.
- Examine financial statements for completeness, internal accuracy and conformance with uniform accounting regulations, classifications or other specific accounting requirements Within the limits of delegated responsibility, approve certain transactions.
- Review and interpret accounting policies and procedures
- Collaborate with other department members to ensure timely delivery of high quality business support and development of a required infrastructure - business process design, documentation, system design, policy and procedure
- Oversee and manage inventory JSOX compliance and reporting
- Approve account analysis such as, but not limited to: balance sheet, inventory, inventory in-transit, allowance for slow moving inventory, weighted average valuation, NRV calculation, expense and accruals, department expense, employee relocations, travel advances, salary, tax and other specified accounts
- Resolve actual to budget unexpected variances in Balance Sheet and P&L items
- Perform monthly balance sheet, income statement and changes in financial position/budget variance analysis
- Provide strategic analysis and advice to other depts regarding product costing
- Identify management information needs, develop non-standard reports and statements when requested
- Research authoritative literature for proper treatment of accounting topics
- Oversee and manage sales / cost of goods sold reconciliation
Budgeting and Reporting:
- Collect and review all applicable components of financial statements
- Coordinate and prepare internal and Domain financial statements
- Prepare and consolidate financial statements
- Assist in the design and preparation of budgets for review by management
- Coordinate the budget process
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of:Budget, mid-term plan, Forecasts, Monthly management and flash reports
Team/ Project Leadership:
- Supervise accounting staff, including performance reviews, etc.
- Provide work leadership supervision, training and project management support, as required
- Supervising accounts receivable, accounts payable and general accounting departments
- Coordinate all accounting operational functions ensuring that all activities are completed accurately in a timely fashion
- Hire, train and retain competent accounting staff
- Identify, develop and monitor initiatives to meet performance targets
- Assist Business Unit with day-to-day operating decisions, while supporting the Business Partners
What You'll Bring:Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related fields and at least 10 years of diversified and progressive Accounting and Finance experience on a publicly traded company (at least 2 years of managerial or supervisory experience).
- CPA or MBA preferred.
- Manufacturing experience required; Maquiladora program knowledge desirable.
- Bilingual desired (English, Spanish)
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.
All applicants are subject to the Company’s mandatory vaccination policy. All employees are required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance.