Panasonic – Accounting Manager
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
Financial Data Management:
- Manage accounting treatment of ongoing financial transactions
- Maintain accurate account and data reconciliation including supporting sub-ledgers, journals, and other financial documentation in a cost-efficient manner.
- Manage financial data necessary for accurate business results
- In collaboration with PNA departments, manage the monthly close process.
Controls and Compliance:
- Ensures full compliance with PC Japan and PNA policies and internal controls
- Insures protection of company assets in all areas
- Serve as a liaison to internal and external auditors
- Assess internal controls and areas of potential risk
- Establish and maintain effective internal controls
- Assess current accounting operations, offer recommendations for improvement and implement new processes
- Examine financial statements for completeness, internal accuracy and conformance with IFRS uniform accounting regulations
- Within the limits of delegated responsibility, approve certain transactions.
- Review and interpret accounting policies and procedures
- Collaborate with other departments and PNA Shared Services to ensure timely delivery of high-quality business support
- Approve account analysis such as, but not limited to balance sheet accounts, revenue, operating expenses, tax and other relevant accounts
- Perform monthly balance sheet, income statement and changes in financial position/budget analysis
- Provide strategic analysis and advice to Business Units
- Research authoritative literature for proper treatment of accounting topics
- Review all applicable components of financial statements
- Coordinate and prepare internal and PNA financial statements and reporting requirements.
- Identify management information needs, develop non-standard reports and statements when requested
- Lead the preparation of annual business plan and MTP projections
Team/ Project Leadership:
- Supervise accounting staff, including performance reviews, etc.
- Provide work leadership supervision, training and project management support, as required.
- Supervising accounts receivable, accounts payable and general accounting departments
- Coordinate all accounting operational functions ensuring that all activities are completed accurately in a timely fashion
- Plan and direct all accounting functions
- Hire, train and retain competent accounting staff
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- BS/BA Degree in Finance or BS/BA with a concentration in Finance or Accounting
- CPA and/or MBA preferred
- Minimum 8 years of diversified accounting experience,
- Experience in project and government contract management accounting is a plus
- Experience in SAS business environment is a plus
- Able to manage day to day accounting activities in coordination with various levels of operational and PNA headquarters management
- Able to present information and other analysis and have the knowledge to answer related questions.
- Coordinate with relevant PNA departments to ensure good communication of data and operational activities
- Help operational managers achieve financial objectives
Advanced computer literacy in general ledger software, spreadsheets, word processing and related systems including SAP
Considerable analytical abilities that enable the analysis of complex financial issues.
Able to determine innovative ways to analyze business performance.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.