Panasonic – Group Manager, Accounting
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
Asset Management & Compliance:
- Insures full compliance with policies, internal controls, Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
- Insures protection of company assets in all areas through front line knowledge and experience.
- Advise top management about insurance coverage for protection against property
- losses and potential liabilities.
- Ensure the safeguard of assets.
- Establish relations with banks and other financial institutions. Prepare reports required by regulatory agencies.
Analysis & Reporting:
- Prepare reports that summarize and forecast company business activity and financial
- position in areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and
- expected operations.
- Provide financial analysis and documentation to company head, supporting capital
- budgeting and other financial investment decisions. More complex statistical analysis of
- key data.
- Advise management on desirable operational adjustments that may become available as a result of tax code revisions.
Planning & Consulting
- Establish or recommend to top management, major corporate economic strategies, and objectives.
- Assist top management in applying financial data and information to the solution of administrative and operating problems.
- Provide management with timely reviews of organization’s financial status and progress
- in its various programs and activities. Recommend modifications to existing corporate
- Ultimate responsible for the preparation of budgets, review and adjustment of budget
- proposals and thorough knowledge of supporting documentation and justification.
- Closely monitor customer satisfaction (internal/external) and changing needs, and
- update approaches based on feedback. Add value for customers by improving their
- processes, helping them access/interpret meaningful data for decision-making.
- Participate in the development of company accounting policy.
- Oversee operational audits of company's accounts and follow up to ensure improvements when necessary.
Leadership & Management:
- Must participate in resolving problems and improve processes across functional lines.
- Take a professional interest in helping the team achieve operational excellence; be
- communicative and responsive and work together to improve service.
- Participate in all facets of training and development including job rotation, an essential part of development
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- BS/BA Degree in Accounting or BS/BA with a concentration in Accounting, CPA or MBA preferred.
- Minimum 12 years of diversified accounting experience with at least 4 years as Accounting Manager.
- He or she must have the ability to manage accounting and managerial functions including planning, directing and controlling.
- The Group Manager will present final financial statements to top management and have the knowledge to answer all related questions.
- He or she has final approval of performance appraisals, promotions and salary increases along with recruiting and selection of accounting personnel. Strategic planning is required.
Advanced computer literacy in spreadsheet, word processing, e-mail and related software, in addition to SAP or equivalent. Group Manager should have considerable analytical abilities that enable him or her to conduct critical and time-consuming research to solve complex problems. He or she should have the ability to develop more sophisticated methods of compiling and analyzing accounting reports and suggest improvements to current systems and procedures.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.