Acts as the point person on month-end closing coordination, including but not limited to, ensuring all journal entries for team are posted timely, prepares and distributes detail and summary analysis files, and coordinates post-close activities. Works on assignments that are semi routine and moderately complex in nature but recognizes that need for occasional deviation from accepted practice. Normally follows established procedures on routine work, requires instructions only on new assignments.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Performs a range of accounting tasks and conducts/documents projects relating to financial accounting functions such as general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, cost accounting and inventory and ensures compliance with all relevant regulations, laws, and reporting requirements.
- Assists internal/external contacts in overall review and analysis; reports any areas of concern to Financial Analysts and Manager.
- Prepares and reconciles general ledger, journal entries and complex accounts to include identifying variances and verifying the accuracy of journal entries.\
- Manages moderately complex questions and problem resolution regarding account status, adjustments, transactions, discrepancies and errors.
- Complies recommendations, solutions or suggested improvements with existing processes and procedures related to new types of reports, reporting system revisions, changes in instructions regarding use of accounts and new refined account classifications or definitions.
- Provides accounting advice within area of expertise to functional or operational areas managers to help them develop revenue and expense budgets, understand financial reports, and manage their financial responsibilities.
- Ensures complete understanding of existing processes and procedures. Prepares various account analyses as necessary related to fixed assets, cash movement, D-sales commissions, royalties, etc. Balances books and prepares profit and loss, cash flow, income and balance sheet statements.
- Determines the accounting treatment of financial transactions for forecasting and budgeting purposes. Reviews forecasting / budgeting information for accuracy and reasonableness.
- Administers all Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) documents, updates controls, and performs self-tests, as needed, for monthly, quarterly, and yearly requirements. Coordinates SOX tests for area of responsibility for Accounting Manager approval.
- Participates in the preparation/ analysis/compilation and documentation of financial reports and/or statements for completeness, accuracy and consistency to prior periods. Review reports to ensure entries have been properly recorded.
- Understands, follows and enforces Company policies, procedures, and regulations, to include maintaining the confidential nature of proprietary information.
- Prepares and monitors reports, charts, graphs, ad hoc data and other statistical information and responds appropriately. Monitors and develops monthly reports for projects.
- Four-year college degree in Accounting with concentration in Accounting or Finance required. MBA preferred.
- Minimum of four (4) years of related Accounting experience required.
- Demonstrated experience with financial systems, financial analysis and data query tools required.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of SAP/ERP required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and other relevant accounting standards.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, advanced proficiency in excel required.
- Demonstrated experience with financial systems and data query tools required.
- Experience in international accounting preferred.
- Experience in operational accounting preferred.
BENEFITS & PERKS – WE’RE ALL ABOUT YOU:
- Great Medical / Dental Benefits
- Company-Matched 401K Retirement Savings
- Annual Bonus Program
- Educational Assistance &Reimbursement Program
- Relaxed Dress Code
- Onsite Recreation Center & Café
- PASATalksSpeaker Summits
- Leadership & Mentorship Programs
- High5 Reward Recognition Program
- Onsite Happy Hours!
- And many more benefits & perks found within the ‘Our Culture’ section…
WHO WE ARE:
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota, Nissan and many others. In serving our customers, we don't just strive to put tomorrow's technology on the road – we pride ourselves on recruiting the brightest and best to do it.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.