Hussmann is looking for someone with strong accounting and analytical skills that has the capabilities and desire to grow in the Hussmann Accounting and Finance Organization. The Accountant II is responsible for analysis of costs, trends and variances, as well as, collaboration with others on current processes that will lead to providing insight and recommendations to the Compensation Accounting & Treasury Manager and other functional leaders and executives in the organization.
- Responsible for Corporate Reporting and Analysis. Reporting and analyzing actual results to the forecast and the annual budget. Including the generation of the annual operating plan and month forecasts.
- Responsible for the accounting, analysis and trending of various key accounts related to Payroll, Health & Welfare, Risk Management and Pension. Providing insight on actions needing to be taken.
- Responsible for other general accounting responsibilities, including but not limited to, journal entries and reconciliations related to travel and procurement, prepaids, relocation, taxes and miscellaneous accruals.
- Responsible for the review of certain corporate cost centers. This includes working with the cost center owners on forecast, plan and reviewing actuals to make sure everything is recorded.
- Prepare and enter monthly standard miscellaneous journal entries and a variety of Corporate allocations in multiple ERP systems.
- Responsible for assisting in the completion of other duties as required. This includes the following: Assisting / backing up others in Hussmann Finance group. Leading projects that support our assigned areas (especially improvements in the above areas), as well as, other Hussmann Initiatives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required
- 3-5 years’ experience (i.e. journal entries, account reconciliations, budgets, forecasts, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access (Proficient using v-lookups, pivots and other formulas in excel)
- Oracle and Hyperion experience a plus Public Accounting Experience a plus
- Effective communication skills; customer service oriented Excellent organizational skills; ability to manage competing priorities
- Ability to generate new ideas and think independently; strong research and analysis skills
- Ability to adapt quickly and learn new tasks independently