The Company is looking for someone with strong accounting and analytical skills that has the capabilities and desire to grow in the Hussmann Accounting and Finance Organization. The Accountant II has a key role in the monthly close process, in addition to the monthly forecast and annual plan processes. They are accountable for the integrity of our financial statements and accuracy in our forecasting and planning. They should identify and lead continuous improvement opportunities while partnering with teammates and other functional areas within Corporate Finance and other functional areas. They serve as a critical member of the Corporate Accounting team and should have a desire and passion to be a team player and mentor for entry-level accountants.
Role and Responsibilities
- Manages capex for US entities, including: tracking CIP, placing assets into service, maintaining asset subledger, recording monthly depreciation and retirements.
- Provides accounting support for process enhancements related to capex, as well as ensuring capex accounting is in compliance with GAAP accounting guidelines.
- Enhance and improve capex forecasting process.
- Prepares intercompany profit elimination entries.
- Prepares other manual journal entries related to key assets, reserves, miscellaneous accruals, and prepaids and prepares balance sheet reconciliations, ensuring appropriate and timely resolution of reconciling items.
- Analyzes cost centers on trends and variance analysis.
- Assists the Manager with the coordination and preparation of loading the operating plan and monthly forecasts in Oracle and HFM for the income statement and balance sheet.
- Supports quarterly and yearly audits with external and internal auditors.
- Support systems upgrades and new implementations, as well as acquisitions.
- Drive process improvements, efficiencies, and leads projects that support the Hussmann strategic initiatives.
- Peer leader in the group, guiding others through coordination of projects and technical experience.
- Ad-hoc analysis and projects as needed.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 3-5 Years of ascending experience
- CPA Preferred
- Experience in a Shared Services/Corporate Accounting environment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access (Proficient using v-lookups, pivots and other formulas in excel).
- Oracle and Hyperion experience a plus
- Power BI experience a plus
- Excellent communication skills and customer service oriented
- Ability to generate new ideas and think independently; strong research and analytical skills
- Ability to adapt quickly and learn new tasks independently
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to manage competing priorities