Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla Motors, Inc. in a large-scale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic manufactures and supplies cylindrical lithium-ion cells for the world’s leading electric vehicle manufacturer, Tesla Motors, Inc. Based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Gigafactory plans to produce cells which will double the world’s current production.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by production of the world’s safest, highest-quality, and lowest-cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society s use of and perceptions of electric power.
This is fantastic opportunity for a motivated Program Manager who has experience in high volume Manufacturing to help define the project improvement activities and facilitate projects through to completion with expected benefits.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare accounting journal entries as assigned for month-end close.
- Reconciles and manages general ledger accounts as assigned.
- Preparation of schedules/reporting as assigned
- Assist Fixed Asset team with capital projects budget management.
- Assist with timely and accurate posting of fixed assets into system
- Assist with yearly asset inventory for each department and area
- Cross-train to be backup support in fixed assets, accounts payable, accounts receivable, intercompany related transactions, etc.
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures
- Support the Accounting Manager’s efforts for maintaining internal controls related to the accounting tasks.
- Work with the Accounting Manager and Senior Accountants (Auditor & Fixed Assets) to ensure accounting policies are followed and procedures are developed.
- Assist with preparation of audit schedules with proper documentation
- Assist auditors with any inquiries
Education & Experience
- BS/BA degree preferred but not required
- Minimum of 3-5 years of accounting experience, preferably in a manufacturing or similar environment
- Advanced literacy with Microsoft Office, especially Excel spreadsheets and database functions
- Knowledge of SAP, Oracle or another fully integrated ERP system preferred but not required
- Follows procedures put in place by the finance team to compile data into worksheets and databases
- Ability to use reasoning to solve problems that may arise
- Communicate effectively with fellow team members and members of other departments
- Utilize established resources to complete work efficiently and effectively
- Strong customer service skills including excellent verbal, written, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Responds to inquiries from other departments in a timely manner
- Capable of handling confidential information in a responsible manner
- Flexibility and Multi-tasking capabilities
- Detail oriented
- Highly organized and able to follow a systematic method of performing a task
- Strong data entry skills
- Ability to collaborate with and form teams
- Ability to work with domestic and international teams
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
In addition to an environment that’s as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits. Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. Panasonic Energy of North America will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy Corporation of North America.