Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive, and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
- Maintain and drive sales volumes to achieve forecast and budget for Food Service products quarterly and annual basis.
- Must clearly understand and be able to execute the following sales competencies - sales forecasting, territory analysis, dealer segmentation, product segmentation, business plan creation and analysis, pricing and program negotiations, account management, dealer marketing plans and execution.
- Develop in-depth understanding of account’s marketing opportunities, online competencies and Point of Sale sell-thru dynamics analysis and reporting, stock on hand.
- Develop and maintain strong customer relationships while ensuring proper communication of vital information
- Analyze account sales results, detect trends, assess promotion effectiveness and track PCEC performance against account expectations. Communicate and report back to account based on this analysis that include counter-measures necessary to achieve sales revenue objectives.
- Provide single point of contact for account personnel, take ownership of any account issue, and manage resources within PCEC to resolve account issues expeditiously. Proactively communicate status and progress related to any open issues.
- Collect, monitor, and track account sales forecast with a high degree of accuracy. Understand the competitive marketplace, industry trends and achieve a comprehensive knowledge of each channel partner’s initiatives.
- Communicate competitive issues to management and make recommendations on logical counter measures required to achieve sales revenue budgets.
New business development
- Deliver presentations for new business development
- Trade Show participation, planning and attendance
- Track potential customers in Sales Force platform, and deliver proper support for customers to make purchase decision
- Work with distributor reps to support growth of strategic operator accounts
- Develop and grow relationships with multiple buying group partnerships
What You’ll Bring:
Education and Experience
- BA Degree required or preferred
- 10 years of experience in foodservice sales and operations. Experience selling foodservice equipment preferred.
- Direct national chain selling experience required; ideally with strong existing relationships at top 100 café and quick serve restaurant chains
- College education, and or culinary education preferred or equal work experience. Proven track record of achieving sales revenue objectives.
- Experience and knowledge of formal sales process from account identification to ongoing business management.
- Strong presentation and training skills, written and oral communication skills.
- Servsafe certification preferred
- Salesforce or other CRM experience preferred
- Understands account strategy and is able to get others to align their activities and contributions with the strategy, is able to prioritize activities to achieve desired business results.
- Ability to develop an understanding of the account that supports logical, analytically sound counter measures to achieve objectives.
- Prepares alternative strategies for discussion with other sales team members, product management and sales management to capitalize on market and account opportunity and address any gaps.
- Leads and facilitates negotiation sessions and discussions with account for product placement, pricing, programming, and promotions.
- Works effectively with other team members to develop, communicate and manage account strategies and plans.
- Effectively communicates with the key personnel at the account to manage and maximize account sales.
- This job is based in Newark, New Jersey, and requires nationwide travel.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic prioritizes total wellbeing. We offer a wide variety of benefits and programs to support your physical, emotional, financial, social and environmental health.
The salary range of $90,000- $110,000.00 is just one component of Panasonic’s total package. Actual compensation varies depending on the individual’s knowledge, skills, experience, and location. This role may be eligible for discretionary bonuses and incentives.
We understand that your career search may look different than others and embrace the professional, personal, educational, and volunteer opportunities through which people gain experience. If you are actively looking or starting to explore new opportunities, send us your application!