Panasonic – Account Manager
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You'll Get To Do
This position is responsible for assuring maintenance of existing accounts and for new business development in major account areas. Solicits and maintains favorable contact with current and potential new business accounts. Develop sales of product by identifying and meeting customer requirements. Coordinates sales negotiations and administrative support with appropriate sales, product and marketing management, engineering, and finance personnel. Provides information for forecasting market sales and developing departmental budgets. Typical products include Power Infrastructure, Energy Storage, Power Supplies at the rack and or centralized level.
New Sales Growth:
- Customer strategy and demand creation ownership. Identifies attractive growth opportunities and supports with detailed analytics around opportunity attractiveness, ease of execution and strategic fit. Manages Opportunity Pipeline and maintains detailed information on projects, quotes, samples and other sales related information. Responsible for customer sales at targeted market price to meet business plan goals for sales, inventory and profit margin.
- Maintains and expands current business through effective support, service, account management and sales promotion. Responsible for CRM Reporting, Account profile, Project management, Contact management, credit and payment terms and inventory management.
Product Management Coordination:
- Works with internal Product Management team on development projects and future product roadmap creation, through the input of the customer and market needs and requirements within the Energy Storage Solutions field.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with multi channel sales contacts. Supervises and supports all sales related activities for assigned accounts. Liaison between Panasonic and Factories to provide price and delivery information to representatives and customers. Tracks and documents key activities through weekly company reports. Coordinates customer activities with global sales team members.
Planning and Forecasting:
- Analyzes the Data Center marketplace related to assigned products, OEM’s, competitors, and customer buying behaviors to help develop strategies for growth. Translates customer forecasts into shipment and factory production requests to supply chain team and reports back to customer. Assists in developing annual and long-range strategic business plans as it pertains to assigned major accounts.
- Research market to assess new trends in the ESS ( Energy Storage Solutions) Market.
What You'll Bring
Education and Experience:
- BA or BS degree with a technical background in marketing or sales is preferred.
- 3 to 5 Years of sales or account management experience with a technical product focus within the Energy Storage Solutions Field.
- Understands product and technical information on assigned products.
- Understands product advantages and disadvantages within the market and for specific customer applications. Typical products include Power Infrastructure, Energy Storage, Power Supplies at the rack and or centralized level.
- Large account experience a huge plus if you do not have ESS exp
- Broad strategic mind with a strong entrepreneurial aptitude.
- Strong relationship building and negotiation skills.
- Experience coordinating sales with international parent company.
- Understanding of competitive players and products in the industry.
- Knowledge of electronic and electrical engineering concepts and terms.
- Strong program management skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Key communications contacts, internal and external, and level of persuasion required
- Strong communication skills
- Effective in conveying ideas and messages, both formally and informally, in speaking and in writing in clear, concise, accurate, articulate and persuasive means.
- Strong written, negotiation and oral communication capabilities, including major presentations to high level internal and external contacts is required.
- Influence and Persuasiveness, Effective in leading and influencing others. Able to build support around the direction and decision.
- Ability to travel up to 50 percent, domestic 40 percent and international 10 percent as required by the position.
- Valid driver license Must have or be able to obtain valid passport with no travel restrictions.
- Build Through Teamwork Ability to work constructively and co-operatively with people across the organization.
- Bias for Action Demonstrates a get it done attitude with drive and energy.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic prioritizes total wellbeing. We offer a wide variety of benefits and programs to support your physical, emotional, financial, social and environmental health.
The salary range of $80,000 - $100,000 is just one component of Panasonic’s total package. Actual compensation varies depending on the individual’s knowledge, skills, experience, and location. This role may be eligible for discretionary bonuses and incentives.
We understand that your career search may look different than others and embrace the professional, personal, educational, and volunteer opportunities through which people gain experience. If you are actively looking or starting to explore new opportunities, send us your application!