Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
The Account Manager drives sales of Consumer Electronics including Beauty, Microwave Oven, Home Telephone, Digital Still Camera (DSC), Headphone and other assigned product categories for Panasonic Consumer Electronics Company through assigned dealers, distributors, and/or Sales Channels to meet or exceed sales budget. The Account Manager (AM) is the single point of contact responsible and accountable for day-to-day account management and administrative activities.
Maintain and drive sales volumes to achieve forecast and budget assigned products within accounts on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis by understanding and executing the following sales competencies:
- Territory Analysis
- Product Channel Product Segmentation
- Business Plan Creation and Analysis
- Pricing and Program Negotiations
- Develop an in-depth understanding of customers online and ecommerce competencies
- Marketing Plan Creation and Execution
- SKU Forecasting
- Dealer and Consumer Customer Service
- Analyze account sales results, detect trends, assess promotion effectiveness and track PCEC performance against account expectations. Communicate and report back to account based on this analysis.
- Provide single point of contact for account personnel, take ownership of any account issues, and manage resources within PCEC to resolve account issues expeditiously. Proactively communicate status and progress related to any open issues.
- Collect, monitor, and track account sales forecast with a high degree of accuracy.
- Process account claims and resolve chargebacks in a timely fashion.
- Communicate competitive issues to management and make recommendations on responses.
- Ensure consistent and appropriate representation of Panasonic product and promotions as agreed to by the channel partner on their retail floor, in weekly ad/promotion rotations and on the web (if applicable)
Education & Experience
- 5+ years of account management or sales management experience in the Retail Industry.
- College education or equivalent work experience preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in the Distribution Sales Channel a plus.
- 2+ years of experience in the HiFi Audio Sales Channel a plus.
- Experience and knowledge of formal sales process from account identification to ongoing business management.
- Understanding and proficiency in computers and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Position could require travel.
- Strategy: Understands account strategy and can get others to align their activities and contributions with the strategy.
- Prioritization: Can prioritize activities to achieve desired business results.
- Creative: Prepares alternative strategies for discussion with other sales team members and management to capitalize on market/account opportunity
- Communications: Key communications contacts (internal/external) and level of persuasion required
- Collaborative: Works effectively with other sales team members to develop, communicate and manage to account strategies and plans.
- Effective: Communicate effectively with the key personnel at the account to manage and maximize account sales.
- Organized: Able to work on multiple projects concurrently while maintaining accuracy and meeting timelines
Other Requirements: e.g., working conditions, physical requirements, travel, etc.
● Job requires travel up to 50%
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.