Who We Are: Panasonic Avionics takes entertainment to new heights. We’re the world’s leading supplier of (IFEC) inflight entertainment and communications systems that allow airborne passengers to get their fix of live TV, movies, music, interactive games, maps, and much more! We make traveling on airplanes more exciting!
What We Value:
As an organization, we value people who are motivated and driven. We value a collaborative work environment that enhances careers and positively impacts society. We value our diverse work culture committed to delivering products and achieving high results. Seeing our products bring delight to others is just one way we measure success.
Why You Should Join:
A job is only part of what we offer. See how you can flourish in a career while getting the support and resources from some of the most talented people in the industry. You will work on technology that makes traveling the world that much better. Lastly, you will be rewarded with world class benefits and competitive wages. Come aboard, we’ve been expecting you!
Senior sales account managers distinguished by additional specialized knowledge and viewed as one of the experts by the company and in the field. Typically handles more critical accounts and/or larger territories and may have a leadership role. Helps to establish sales growth and profit targets for the region. P&L responsibility.
- Develop a strong relationship with key management at assigned customer accounts and assist with other customers as directed to ensure increased customer satisfaction and increased market share.
- Lead Regional Customer Service Management team consisting of Field Engineering, Program Management Organization, Marketing, and other assigned personnel in order to achieve total customer satisfaction with assigned accounts.
- Travel to customer locations to develop relationships and completely understand customers' issues. Determines what customer is trying to accomplish, fix, or avoid and then applies expertise to jointly develop solutions.
- Develop and maintain detailed information on potential customer organizations, key decision makers, and key influencers with the purpose of fostering relationship between customer and Panasonic Avionics Corporation.
- Ensure proper implementation of marketing programs, product promotions, and new product launches in order to maintain Panasonic Avionics Corporation as the preferred In-Flight Entertainment supplier.
- Keep informed of competitors, developments, and trends in assigned region. Provides regular reports on activities and opportunities in region.
- Manage regional budget and helps to establish sales growth and profit targets for the region.
- Strong background in the aviation/avionics industry (typically considered 8+ years), particularly the "Cabin environment". Experienced in the IFEC industry. Solid grasp of Line-fit, Retrofit, Reconfiguration requirements and processes. Significant level of contacts throughout the customer and supply base. (Personal address book may include most senior level of customer contact.)
- Comprehensive knowledge of system architecture(s) and, where possible, individual LRUs. Firm grasp of dependencies, commercial options, and issues associated with functionality, system, and LRU choices. Comprehensive knowledge of GUI options, application functionality, digital solutions and associated commercial and technical implications for choices.
- Seasoned account management skills, across large, complex/key strategic accounts. Sophisticated rapport building and influencing tools and skills. Very good presentation skills across senior (Board level) and large audiences. Astute negotiation capability with long term / anticipatory perspective. Comprehensive commercial understanding of customer issues, and how Panasonic can create a compelling value proposition to address these issues.
- Excellent understanding of PAC organization, functions, organization structure, processes and personnel. Good grasp of organization and individual idiosyncrasies and how to be effective within this environment. Strong capability in building effective teamwork to service customers’ requirements, particularly in addressing key issues in a timely and successful manner. Resourceful in ensuring customers requirements are met. Normally acts as escalation point, yet level of maturity to know how / when to escalate issues to achieve effective and efficient action. Seen as authoritative by all levels within the company.
- Excellent organization and discipline. Comprehensive execution of required regular reviews such as forecasting, OSO entry, award and handover routines, program control, cash collection, account review, with high level of efficiency. Driver in supporting the improvement of these processes. Excellent Excel, PowerPoint and Word skills allowing rapid self sufficiency in generating persuasive proposals, compelling presentations, and strong financial analysis (although may lead or indirectly lead staff who do this work). Driven to approach both new and existing customers to listen and understand customer issues, and clearly relay product offerability back to customer for potential long-term solutions. Diligence and discipline in follow-up and follow-through, with high level of visibility to both customer and internal organization. Critical thinking skills to utilize product and market strategy in order to customize potential client solutions while maintaining company profitability.
- Minimum 10 years of a combination of Account Management, product management or program management and successful Sales experience in avionics or aerospace
- Bachelors or Equivalent University Degree in Business, Sales or Marketing or technical degree in related field preferred
- Travel of up to 20% of the time, primarily regionally and occasionally globally.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.