Panasonic - Technical Services and Support Manager
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What we're looking for:
We are looking for someone with expertise in managing a highly skilled technical services team supporting a proprietary solution. The Technical Services and Support Manager is responsible for managing a team servicing post-delivery of the Cirrus by Panasonic SaaS platform and V2X Asset Deployment Customer Support functions. We are looking for someone with expertise in managing a highly skilled technical services team supporting a proprietary solution.
- Lead Support and Maintenance function to perform Level 1 support, including customer onsite visits, collecting incident information, determining priorities and timetables, assigning resources and tasks, monitoring KPIs and providing performance feedback ensuring delivery of customer-promised Service Level Agreements (SLAs) for deployed Connected Vehicle Assets (e.g. V2X On-board Equipment, V2X Roadside Equipment).
- Manage third party contracts, including communication and performance monitoring; ensuring contract requirements for preventative and reactive maintenance, new software release installation, call reviews, and administrative requirements are met.
- Establish a multi-tier, cross-functional support team help-desk service for cloud product and asset deployment/service support, including the creation and management of phone-in, email, and on-line support services utilizing SME resources from multiple Cirrus teams.
- Build and oversee from scratch a customer and stakeholder training program, including development of training materials, syllabi, and delivery of training events virtually and on-site with our customers
- Ensure customer and internal KPI and SLA reports are delivered accurately and on-time per an established communications plan.
- Development, implementation and enforcement of company standards, procedures and processes to minimize customer complaints and service requests, and to improve customer satisfaction
- Manage Customer Support group supporting the team including providing performance feedback and appraisals and assignment of training and development to drive overall operational excellence
- This role reports to the CIRRUS/V2X Deployment Solutions Group Manager.
Education & Experience:
- Prefer 5+ years managing/supervising distributed asset maintenance/service and/or 5+ years managing/supervising complex software system service and support
- Prefer 2+ years managing or supervising multi-person maintenance/service team
- Experience with remote asset tracking and management systems
- Experience with operations and maintenance of devices, familiarity with the scientific process, and data and failure analysis
- Experience with building help-desk functionality for cloud-hosted software products
- Experience developing and managing a multi-tier help-desk triage system
- Experience developing cloud-hosted product and network device training program
- Experience delivering training to government customers
- Experience in the development of asset management reports
- Experience in leadership roles in the areas of purchasing, contract management, material management, or logistics
- Experience in interpreting legal documents and agreements
- Experience in business budget planning and tracking.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation) and ability to manage meetings
- Excellent at developing and maintaining relationships with partners and customers
- Excellent at fostering inter-team collaboration and coordination
- Self-starter with customer-focused mentality needing little direction to identify needs and solve problems
- Excellent attention to detail
- Technical skills required (MS Office, database skills – e.g. SQL, requirements management software)
- Data analysis and reporting skills
- Highly collaborative
- Clear, concise and timely communication skills are essential, as well as the ability to remain organized and self-directed in a fast-paced environment.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able condense and simplify technical information for layperson consumption
- Must communicate appropriate information accurately and clearly to customers, suppliers, and within the team.
- Empathetic approach to communication to customers and stakeholders
- Must have the ability to effectively and appropriately interface and communicate with a variety of individuals or groups on a frequent basis.
- Can travel up to 10%
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package. The pay for this position is expected to start at $122,000 per year or higher, based on qualifications. This position will be eligible for an annual target bonus of 10% based on individual and company performance
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.