Panasonic – Sr. Managing Counsel, Ethics & Compliance Investigations & EEO
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You'll Get to Do:
This role will also be responsible for the company's hotline and driving an effective speak up culture throughout the company. This position will also be responsible for the company's accommodations process and will represent the Company before government agencies in the investigation of discrimination claims by employees and in governmental agency audits and compliance reviews.
- Responsible for Company's Hotline and maintaining up to date information on all internal investigations
- Develop, update, and maintain the company's policies around internal investigations, including those involving ethics and compliance, as well as employment related matters
- Provide periodic training to all individuals involved in internal investigations and ensure the professionalism, respect, and effectiveness of the internal investigations function
- Provide reporting and analytics related to the company's investigations function.
- Conduct and or oversee all Ethics and Compliance and EEO investigations
- Responsible for the company's Investigations Committee, including developing content, ensuring regular meetings, and maintaining records of such meetings.
- Partners with organization leaders/managers to develop corrective action plans if required.
- Represents the Company before government agencies in the investigation of discrimination claims by employees
- Conduct trend analysis and partnering with stakeholders to develop appropriate action to address areas of concern
- In consultation with counsel, interprets and applies federal and state regulatory requirements, including pertinent legislation, guidelines, executive orders, and applicable judicial administrative decisions
- Represents the Company in governmental agency audits and compliance reviews
- Together with HR and lv counsel, develops the Company's EEO strategy to ensure compliance with federal and state statues
- Works with outside consultants, legal counsel, etc. to support HR on Affirmative Action
- Reviews and revises Company policies and processes to ensure they meet investigations and EEO policies and guidelines.
- Develops appropriate training such as Investigations, EEO, Positive Employee Relations and other training as appropriate.
- Own and manage the workplace accommodations process to ensure all subsidiaries remain in compliance workplace accommodation-related policies and law such as the Americans With Disabilities Act. Title VII. their state and local counterparts and laws related to domestic violence accommodations.
- Act as a senior member of the Office of Ethics and Compliance
What You'll Bring:
● Reports to Chief Ethics and Compliance Officer
Education & Experience:
● Juris doctorate degree
● Minimum of 10 or more years of experience in investigations and EEO Compliance
● Compliance and or Certified Fraud Examiner certifications a plus
● Demonstrated ability to successfully work globally and cross-culturally
● Working knowledge of key compliance regulatory frameworks, including the FCPA and global analogues, anti-trust, and privacy
● Experience with workplace anti-discrimination and accommodations related laws, including Title VII, the ADA, the FMLA and their state law equivalents.
● Demonstrated ability to look at issues objectively and analytically
● Experience working with and providing briefings directly to an organization’s most senior executives.
● Highly skilled in workplace investigations, negotiation, and conflict management
● Successful people leader
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.