*Can live anywhere in the Northeast
The Sales Representative will secure customer orders for Hussmann products and services through a direct selling approach that focuses on providing customers solutions that add value to their respective businesses. Revenue responsibility will vary according to experience level, assigned products/services and customer/ account profiles.
- Secure customer orders that achieve corporate sales and OI objectives. Drive sales by providing solutions to customers that address their respective business needs.
- Develop effective relationships with key customer contacts and territory refrigeration contractors that lead to profitable sales. When necessary assist treasury with collections process.
- Develop sales plans that support division objectives for sales, OI, market-share and competitive account penetration.
- Prepare monthly activity report, maintain current customer/account information regarding product/service issues, customer visits, personal contact information etc.
- Participate in trade shows and industry associations.
- Grow knowledge of Hussmann service offerings, industry/competitor trends and customer requirements/ conditions. Be responsible for continuing self-development especially in the areas of interpersonal communications, negotiations, account management, cross-selling, refrigeration concepts and solutions selling.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree preferred (Marketing, Business, Finance or relevant field preferred)
- 3 + years of progressive experience in a Sales, Marketing, or closely related field.
- Progressive client development experience in the food retail industry a plus.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment managing multiple projects and be effective penetrating and communicating at all levels, especially at the C level.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, Internet Explorer.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain an organized and repeatable sales and ordering process.
- Ability to prioritize and re-prioritize quickly and has a sense of urgency.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Hussmann or refrigeration product experience a plus.
- Travel up to 50 - 75%