The Reliability Engineer is responsible for the execution of the Design for Reliability (DFR) process. The process is based upon a physics of failure methodology, which requires an in depth understanding of how a component functions and its failure modes. Reliability test plan (DVP&R) development and review for components/subsystems/systems developed for refrigerated supermarket products
2. Failure modes and effects analysis (FMEA).
3. Drive system and subsystem reliability assessments and predictions during design.
4. Capable of applying Design-of-Experiments , Montecarlo analysis, fea simulations concepts to develop robust designs.
5. Make design recommendations to improve reliability and resolve conflicting requirements
6. Deliver significant reliability improvements as measured by engineering, manufacturing, and service metrics, and
project the total life cycle costs of predicted reliability through the life of the product/components.
7. Product reliability prediction modeling
8. Development of simulation models to assess reliability based upon metaphysics analysis application of mechanical, electrical, mechanics within applied environmental stress applications implement reliability growth and/or qualification tests to validate predictions.
Scope & Dimensions:
The sales of refrigerated supermarket equipment is roughly a 2.25 billion dollar business. The business serves the retail food market and includes customers such as Wal-Mart, Kroger, Safeway, Sobeys, and Whole Foods etc. The engineering department has roughly 150 salaried employees to support this activity. This position contributes to the company success of providing reliable, energy efficient, and top performing equipment to this business segment.
BS degree(s) in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, MS preferred
• Graduate level classes in Reliability Engineering, preferred.
• 2+ years of product design. Ideal design experience would be in mass-produced products.
• Experience in launching new products within structured product development process
• Excellent communication skills, oral & written. (internal and external)
• Strong analytical skills.
• Expertise in methods and tools such as probabilistic mechanical design, product robustness testing, compliance requirements
• Experience with new technologies (Additive manufacturing, Electronics, etc), preferred