Who we are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more.
If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.The position:
Perform routine tasks to ensure repair shop quality standards are met by calibration, testing, troubleshooting and repair of parts, components, circuits and mechanical assemblies. Recognize failures and set-up problems and determines the need for appropriate verification.
• Perform the set-up, calibration, testing, and troubleshooting of circuits, components, instruments, and mechanical assemblies.
• Perform hand set-ups for digital tests. Recognize failures and set-up problems, and determine the need for appropriate verification.
• Record required information on all repairs and publication discrepancies.
• Test and troubleshoot complex analog and digital electronics systems to the component level.
• Position and align parts and components. Secure them in place or remove them using appropriate, various methods including soldering, crimping, fastening, gluing, etc.
• Install assemblies in cases or cabinets.
• Generate repair cost quotation worksheets to be transmitted to end customer.
• Assess design configuration status of units under repair by referencing engineering documentation and maintenance manuals.
• Identify and navigate to appropriate electronic engineering and maintenance documentation to conduct repair actions.
• Must be able to test and troubleshoot complex analog and digital electronics systems to the component level and secure or remove parts using various methods such as soldering, crimping, fastening and gluing.
• Ability to operate programmable auto-testers, samplers, real-time oscilloscopes, pulse generators, meters, power supplies, and special test fixtures. Ability to use Volt-ohm meters, frequency meters, distortion analyzers, audio and video signal generator, and semi-automatic test equipment.
• Identify and utilize appropriate engineering documentation and maintenance manuals to assess design configuration and to conduct repair actions.
• Understanding of electronic circuit design for fault isolation and troubleshooting.
• Ability to work on miniature electromechanical devices using common hand tools.
• Understanding of soldering techniques on surface mount technology where acrylic conformal coating is used is required.
• Knowledgeable with the use of power tools.
• Effectively communicate with shop supervision, Engineering and Quality departments to solve technical repair problems.
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and communicate effectively in English, both written and verbal.
• Recognized technical qualification or relevant experience.
• 0-3 years bench experience in an electronic systems repair environment.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What we offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.