Who We Are: Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity! How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more. If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
JOB SUMMARY Fully Qualified Professional, responsible for owning the team backlog and maximizing the value delivered to ensure alignment with customer and stakeholder needs. Work with the respective Business Unit, Product Management and other stakeholders to translate business requirements into epics, stories, tasks, etc., and coordinate reviews, validations and change management. MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES Execution & Delivery
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define and prioritize product features based on business objectives and customer needs.
- The Product Owner is an integral part of the team and is the intermediary between the application team and the Business units. The Product Owner provides daily insights and advises the core team towards providing the highest value outputs and the team towards meeting iteration goals. By doing this the Product Owner enables the team to deliver continuous value for the respective Business units.
- Collaborates with Product Line Management and other stakeholders like Finance, etc. by applying a customer-centric mindset along with design thinking tools to support delivering solutions that are desirable, viable, feasible, and sustainable.
- Responsible for timely decision making with respect to engaging the BU stakeholders where necessary.
- Track and provide regular updates on progress, including KPIs and metrics, to leadership and stakeholders
- Owns the team's backlog and its Stories, its prioritization and health (the quality and readiness of stories)
- Owns their teams Agile ceremonies (start, stop, continue), such as team's events, backlog refinement, system demos, and other team events.
- Ensures Stories have concrete acceptance criteria, maturing toward an acceptance test driven development and shared understanding of "complete/ready".
- Communicates with stakeholders, understands and prioritizes requirements from competing stakeholders. Enabling the continuous feedback loops from stakeholders and customers that fuel the value to the customer.
- Understands the Definition of Ready and communicates the changes required to the Product Manager in a clear and informative manner.
- Support and empower Agile teams by providing clear goals, guidance, and a shared understanding of priorities aligned with the team's backlog.
What We’re Looking For: KNOWLEDGE/SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Strong preference for prior experience in aerospace/telecom/connectivity or closely related sectors.
- Previous involvement in In-Flight Entertainment (IFE), In-Flight Connectivity (IFC), or avionics installation projects is advantageous with respect to Product definition, bundling, billing, etc.
- Prior experience in breaking down larger complex solutions into achievable goals and tasks and written into User Stories.
- Understands UX/UI components, principles and design practices within wire-framing elements and design.
- Excellent verbal/written communication; comfortable presenting ideas and decisions to a larger audience
- Prior experience with Salesforce is preferred.
- Prior experience with Atlassian products including JIRA and Confluence
- Prior experience in agile methodologies. Understanding of the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Experience in prioritizing tasks, managing time efficiently, and adapting to changing priorities.
- Ability to navigate and excel in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Software or other Technical degree (STEM). Or 9 years of experience in an engineering product development delivery role in lieu of a degree
- 5+ Product development delivery
- Agile Certifications (ie, CSM, CSPO, APM, SSM,
- At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive, and flexible benefits program.
- Paid time off: Exempt Salaried employees receive flexible paid time off. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees. Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure. All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year. We also close our offices at the corporate level in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year. For operational positions that are expected to work on holidays, we provide additional compensation for hours worked.
- Health Insurance: Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI). Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family. Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1.
- Washington residents only are eligible for: Washington’s Family and Medical Leave program and Washington’s Paid Sick Leave program.
- Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.