Who we are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more. If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
This role is responsible for managing our “Insights” data reporting and analytics platform. This role would suit an established product manager with a background in data science and a keen interest in using data to drive informed decisions regarding new product development and investments. Insights is used by both internal users and our airline customers to track the performance of the products and services that are used by airline passengers. The platform is in continuous development, with additional reporting capabilities being added in each release. The product manager will lead a cross-functional team and will need to work closely with our internal development teams to manage the continued development of this product. They will be responsible for maintaining the product execution plan, as well as tracking product performance against functionality, cost and schedule goals.
They will also need to define the future strategy for this product, with clearly defined roadmap and features. Future enhancements include the ability to provide greater predictive analytics and recommendations, which will rely on integration of external data sources. A deep understanding of real-world data trends and technologies, combined with a strong understanding of our airline customer requirements and other business factors, will be critical to developing the strategy. Although the current focus for this role is for our Insights analytics platform, we may expect the product manager to drive the execution of other digital products to build market-driven, engaging experiences and solutions for Panasonic customers.
- Develop business cases and customer proposals for all new product opportunities
- Successfully champion product launches through requirements, development and commercialization
- Lead strategy and execution of our analytics roadmap with the goal of scaling our data products to be more accessible, reliable, and digestible for customers and PAC employees alike
- Collaborating closely with data analysts, data engineers, data scientists, product managers, and marketers to deeply understand their problems and goals, and then design and prioritize solutions to help achieve those goals
- Spearhead the integration of new data sources and platforms
- Define analytics and visualization tooling requirements and if necessary, lead the vendor evaluation process
- Develop frameworks to establish data governance and privacy compliance
- Work with Sales & Business Unit leads to develop accurate new product revenue forecasts
- Monitor and report on KPIs that measure the success of our data products
- Communicate product plans, benefits and results to all audiences — internal teams, external partners and PAC's senior leadership
- Break down problems, document problem statements and estimate efforts
- Create product roadmaps, software features and requirements for engineering consumption
- Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial and technical goals
- Translate unstructured or ambiguous work requests into actionable user stories and work units
- Explore alternative technology and approaches to solving problems
What we're looking for:
- Proficient in new product development process, lifecycle management, VOC, and development of business plans for products and platforms.
- Demonstrated experience in diverse team environment, including coordination, problem solving, conflict resolution and consensus building skills.
- Demonstrated customer-centric focus, keenly aware of markets, trends, competition
- Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up product decisions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must be able to influence others
- Requires the ability to develop comprehensive business cases with detailed financial analysis; Ability to build and analyze models to forecast and track revenue results.
- Pragmatic Marketing equivalent experience/certification
- Agile methodology
- Experience with data reporting, visualization solutions such as Tableau, Power BI etc.
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence/Analytics and visualization best practices and techniques.
- Experience with modern digital application communications and data transfer (e.g. internal and external APIs)
- Experience with software requirements tools like DOORS, JAMA, AHA, JIRA
- Bachelor’s or MS degree in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering, Mathematics or similar quantitative fields
- 8+ years of experience working on data products as a product manager, or as an analyst or data engineer with product management experience
- Working understanding of database and data infrastructure principles would be beneficial
- Experience with AWS and Quicksights is a plus
- Experience working with airlines, or elsewhere in the aviation, travel or related business areas would be beneficial
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What we offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
- We offer flexible remote work options depending on your role. Where possible, we offer fully remote or hybrid work opportunities.
- Paid time off:
- Exempt Salaried employees receive unlimited PTO. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees.
- Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure.
- All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year plus a paid company-wide shut down in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year.
- Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI).
- Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family.
- Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1
- Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
All applicants are subject to Company policies, third party customer and worksite requirements, and government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19. Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third party customer, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation.