You will be responsible for developing and applying new technologies, theories and research techniques in the investigation and solutions of complex and advanced technical problems. This position will also provide technical consultation to other organizations, work in leadership positions on projects and work directly with our customers to identify and apply new refrigeration technologies in pilot testing situations. This position reports to the Leader Performance Sub-Systems NTD.
- Perform thermodynamic modeling and physical prototype testing for new refrigeration technologies and system architectures.
- Match new technologies to market needs and opportunities resulting in substantial business growth.
- Develop new specialized or leading-edge technology within the Company or industry that provides a competitive advantage.
- Perfect existing specialized technology.
- Achievements should include several patents and technical publications
- Evaluate Commercial Refrigeration concepts, design conceptual prototypes, build prototypes, test, and evolve the technology readiness on these concepts.
- Manage projects requiring multiple components and sub-systems integration within global Hussmann. Lead cross-function teams responsible for completing large system projects having strategic platform impact
- Handle preparation and presentation on technical evaluation of concepts to audiences of varied technical expertise.
- BS in Engineering discipline
- Preferable MS degree in a technical discipline
- 10+ years of directly related engineering experience in commercial refrigeration with an emphasis on systems design, applications and thermodynamics.
- Experience leading mechanical design projects adhering to department goals and standards.
- Expert technical understanding and design knowledge of refrigeration systems and components, including but not limited to trans-critical CO2, and new, alternate refrigerant technologies and system architectures.
- Knowledge and experience in governmental regulations with experience and direct interactions with agencies such as the US Dept. of Energy and the US Environmental Protection Agency on the development of standards and regulations.
- Knowledge and experience in the development and application of UL product standards and ASHRAE/ANSI/AHRI standards and methods of test for commercial refrigeration.
- Experience in the generation and protection of Intellectual Property related to refrigeration systems.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- 25% travel (some international)
You will be eligible for a hybrid-remote work schedule
Our organization offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
Comprehensive Insurance Plans: Health, Dental and Vision, 401k with Company Matching Contribution, Discretionary 401k Company Contribution, Tuition Reimbursement Program, Life/Disability Insurance, Family Leave, Panasonic Employee Discounts, Paid Vacation and Holidays, Wellness Program, Identity Protection, Community Stewardship, Employee Assistance Program and more
Hussmann is a subsidiary of Panasonic USA. Finding a better way has always been the Hussmann way. Since 1906, our focus on innovation has helped food retailers succeed. We hold over a 122 U.S. patents as well as 320 international patents from more than a dozen countries. We collaborate with customers across a variety of food retail segments as we work towards fulfilling a promise for better businesses, better partners, and a better world.
Hussmann is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to veteran status, disability, age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, or any other non-merit based factor.