Hussmann is transforming the commercial refrigeration retail services market through the use of new IoT software tools which provide retailers and contractors the ability to gain insight and action through refrigeration system data. Via a seamless web-based solution that leverages data-based decision making, StoreConnect uses this data and algorithms to help improve first time fix rates, lower energy consumption, predict failures and perform maintenance in response to actual site conditions.
A key component of any IoT solution in field services is the ability to connect and stay connected throughout the duration of the services. Hussmann is currently seeking a self-motivated, critical thinking and creative individual to support our digital transformation in the market for StoreConnect.
The Digital Connectivity Specialist will provide support to our internal and external customers utilizing StoreConnect during sales proposals, configuration, preinstallation, installation and post installation service and own the troubleshooting of networking and connectivity issues at customer sites. The role will be responsible for assisting in remote software updates to keep the installed systems up to date. The role will monitor StoreConnect on-premises IoT equipment and triage any anomalies to ensure proper operation of the entire StoreConnect remote network. The role will also project manage and implement corrective actions to any customer issues relating to the installed StoreConnect platform as it relates to networking and connectivity.
Role and Responsibilities
- Works with the StoreConnect sales team to provide networking and connectivity configurations based on specific customer site and IT requirements. Will require interfacing with internal and external customers.
- First line of technical support for pre, during and post installation and service of the StoreConnect platform at customer sites, including triage of software, networking, security, and configuration issues
- Works with the StoreConnect engineering team to coordinate the rollout of new software campaigns to on-premises equipment
- Uses internal utilities to monitor remote hardware to maximize equipment uptime
- Trains members of the Hussmann Contact Center and internal and external operations on rules of engagement with regards to StoreConnect on-premises equipment and IoT services.
- Submits bug reports using JIRA related to the StoreConnect platform to the StoreConnect engineering team.
- Supports assigned projects to deliver 100% connectivity and removes networking barriers.
- Works with customer IT and security teams to ensure StoreConnect requirements are met
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- College Degree preferred. Equivalent experience, education and/or certifications may be considered in lieu of Bachelors.
- 4+ years’ experience with degree; 8+ years relevant experience without degree
- Proven experience with network administration troubleshooting and problem resolution
- Experience with networking: HTTPS, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, firewalls, routing, and LTE required
- Experience with Linux-based embedded computing platforms
- Familiarity with instrumentation and data acquisition systems (IoT)
- Experience with bug reporting systems; JIRA preferred
- Cloud computing and cloud hosting services; AWS experience preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively with cross-functional teams
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, supporting multiple concurrent projects
- Ability to take initiative and effect change
- Strong interpersonal skills and problem-solving skills and be ready to support the deployed on-premises StoreConnect platform
You will be eligible for a hybrid-remote work schedule
Our organization offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
Comprehensive Insurance Plans: Health, Dental and Vision, 401k with Company Matching Contribution, Discretionary 401k Company Contribution, Tuition Reimbursement Program, Life/Disability Insurance, Family Leave, Panasonic Employee Discounts, Paid Vacation and Holidays, Wellness Program, Identity Protection, Community Stewardship, Employee Assistance Program and more
Hussmann is a subsidiary of Panasonic USA. Finding a better way has always been the Hussmann way. Since 1906, our focus on innovation has helped food retailers succeed. We hold over a 122 U.S. patents as well as 320 international patents from more than a dozen countries. We collaborate with customers across a variety of food retail segments as we work towards fulfilling a promise for better businesses, better partners, and a better world.
Hussmann is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to veteran status, disability, age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, or any other non-merit based factor.