To provide engineering expertise for assembly processes, methods, manufacturing systems and technologies that will result in highly producible, quality product designs and manufacturing systems that are capable and cost effective.
- Review and analyze manufacturing methods in sub-assembly and assembly areas. Make recommendations and support implementation of projects for line balance, workstation design, material flow, KANBAN design, and sequence.
- Review existing and proposed product designs for ease of manufacture and make recommendations that will enhance the quality and producibility of the product. Participate in design reviews.
- Participate in multiple chartered project team activities involving value analysis, design reviews, product development, product transfer and startup, and new product introduction. Use value-engineering techniques to reduce cost and increase customer value. Be a consultant to corporate design engineering, marketing and quality, to include contact with customers.
- Review and analyze manufacturing procedures, make recommendations for design and/or manufacturing methods and coordinate projects which will result in more efficient manufacturing costs and/or enhanced quality. Maintain project objectives and financial documentation.
- Participate in product improvements using Design for Manufacturing (DFM) analysis and design for ergonomics. Analyze measurements systems using numerical tools, like iso-plotting and gage repeatability and reproducibility (R & R). Conduct statistical tolerance stack-up analysis using manufacturing capability data. Monitor process capability using Statistical Process Control (SPC). Conduct process capability studies to determine process capability indices.
- Perform duties that utilize up-to-date tools and techniques in the areas of predetermined time standards, line balancing, simulation modeling, cost estimation, manpower planning, productivity, KANBAN and continuous improvement.
- Coordinate programs based on long-range activity forecasts including analysis, justification and recommendations for facilities, equipment and/or manpower requirements.
- Conduct problem solving processes utilizing "Is-Is Not", "5 Whys" and other similar methodologies (fishbone, cause effect, etc.) for root cause analysis.
- Identify key product and process characteristics
- Maintain a high level of technical knowledge in advanced manufacturing technology in the areas of plant productivity and product manufacturability through training and participation in professional societies and/or organizations, such as American Society for Manufacturing Engineers (ASME). Develop a basic understanding of the financial impact of engineering on the business.
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering.
- 5+years of experience in industrial or manufacturing engineering.
- Must have experience with Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma principles.
- Must demonstrate ability to communicate effectively to external and internal customers at all levels of the organization.
Our organization offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
Comprehensive Insurance Plans: Health, Dental and Vision, 401k with Company Matching Contribution, Discretionary 401k Company Contribution, Tuition Reimbursement Program, Life/Disability Insurance, Family Leave, Panasonic Employee Discounts, Paid Vacation and Holidays, Wellness Program, Identity Protection, Community Stewardship, Employee Assistance Program and more
Hussmann is a subsidiary of Panasonic USA. Finding a better way has always been the Hussmann way. Since 1906, our focus on innovation has helped food retailers succeed. We hold over a 122 U.S. patents and 320 international patents from more than a dozen countries. We collaborate with customers across a variety of food retail segments as we work towards fulfilling a promise for better businesses, better partners, and a better world.
Hussmann is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to veteran status, disability, age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, or any other non-merit based factor.