Who we are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more. If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
Directly supervises a group of Project Managers responsible for planning and overseeing operations and engineering projects according to established procedures. Improve, develop, create, and promote standardized tools to ensure project compliance within organizational standards for resource management, task assignment, risk mitigation, and project integration. Responsible for overall group performance of the assigned projects including group operations management, group scorecards or dashboards and KPIs.
Supervisory and Leadership
• Direct/Manage a group of assigned project managers.
• Assign appropriate resources and provide visibility of Project Risks and Opportunities.
• Lead the project managers by ensuring regular team meetings, ensuring that all aspects of projects are kept current and that integrated schedules are available.
• Ensure that assigned staff is accountable for delivery according to project requirements.
• Ability to prioritize daily workload in support of internal and external needs.
• Monitor program schedules commitments and direct appropriate personnel of possible impacts(s) or change(s).
Project Management Operational Planning and Oversight
• Responsible for management of project team through the entire life cycle of all assigned projects.
• Responsible for management of project team deliverables supporting assigned programs moving to in-service operation.
• Enforce standard techniques, procedures, processes and criteria to each project.
• Mentor and provide feedback to Project Managers.
• Support process improvement activities within PJM.
• Ensure project team maintain superb communications with internal Cross-Functional Team (PLM,CE, PMO etc), external 3rd Party Suppliers and with the customers by regular follow up status reviews and correspondence.
• Ensure project team is arranging, attending and chairing cross functional team meetings, reviews, technical coordination meetings and design reviews as required to support their project.
What we're looking for:
• Demonstrated ability to mentor, lead, and build effective teams.
• Lead a team of project managers for internal/external projects, hardware/software development, and delivery activities.
• Proven leadership ability to identify schedule constraints, project issues, manage project plans, facilitate solutions, and manage internal escalations for risk mitigation.
• Capable of operating independently to gain organizational support for specific objectives in support of delivery plans.
• Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
• Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to read situations and apply diplomacy and tact in communications needed to perform duties.
• Seasoned ability to communicate effectively and work with all areas of the company.
• Ability to effectively influence multiple constituencies internally and externally and inspire action without direct organizational management responsibility. Comfortable leading matrix/integrated teams.
• Outstanding communication skills and demonstrated ability in developing and delivering business presentations for senior management.
• Directs and controls activities of a broad functional area through several department managers within the company.
• Resolves a wide range of issues in imaginative as well as practical ways.
• Works on issues where analysis of situation or data requires review of relevant factors. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and policies to determine appropriate action.
• Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
• Bachelors’ degree in Business or Technical field or equivalent work experience.
• Minimum of 5 years project/program management experience of which a minimum of 3 years in a supervisory role or managed a cross functional team.
• Experience or certification/training in Team Management, Change Management, Agile project development, PMP, Lean operations, Six Sigma or other process management techniques and tools.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What we offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
- We offer flexible remote work options depending on your role. Where possible, we offer fully remote or hybrid work opportunities.
- Paid time off: Exempt Salaried employees receive unlimited PTO. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees. Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure. All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year plus a paid company-wide shut down in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year.
- Insurance: Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI). Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family. Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1
- Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
Our new global headquarters is conveniently located in Irvine, CA near John Wayne Airport in the Park Place development. For our onsite and hybrid employees you will be able to enjoy amenities such as access to many restaurants and shops, running trails, a fitness deck, outdoor seating, dry cleaning, car wash, free garage parking, car charging stations, shuttle service for train commuters, outdoor games like bocce, horseshoes, gaming tables, pickle ball, and basketball. For more information on Park Place visit parkplaceirvine.com.
All applicants are subject to Company policies, third party customer and worksite requirements, and government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19. Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third party customer, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation.