Yohana is on a mission to help people find more balance and prioritize well-being. We create integrated software, services, and hardware specifically for modern families, to alleviate their mental load so they can feel present and connected. We are a fully funded independent subsidiary of Panasonic, one of the oldest purpose-driven brands in the world, with leadership from big tech Google, Apple, Microsoft as well as hypergrowth startups Nest, Waymo, Casper.
First up is our Yohana Membership, which just launched in Seattle. It’s a personal assistant service designed for busy families, especially moms, to help lighten the mental load of having too much to do. It’s the first of many meaningful things we’re working on.
We’re building a positive, supportive culture from the ground up, where individuals and teams grow together. Maybe you should join us.
About The Role:
Yohana is looking for our first in-house PR and Communications hire. Our recent company launch was featured in publications like Fast Company, Fortune, Wired, and The Seattle Times. This is an incredible opportunity to continue the momentum of building a world-class brand as a key hire on the Marketing and Creative team.
You’ll help shape and execute Yohana’s global PR strategy with a focus on product and corporate PR. This includes everything from pitching media to running executive briefings, crafting big-picture campaigns to writing one-off story pitches, and keeping the gears of our small but mighty PR efforts going.
This role will report to the Marketing and Growth Team Lead and be closely integrated with the rest of the team. You’ll inform the all-up marketing strategy and seasonal calendar across owned, paid, and earned channels. In addition, you’ll work across our marketing, product, support, and data teams to identify breakthrough stories and trends that get Yohana noticed by potential members and into the broader cultural zeitgeist.
The narrative for why we made Yohana as well as the unique background of our CEO is resonating with both the press, busy parents and the larger audience of prospective Yohana Members. PR has evolved beyond typical publications outlets alone, and now touches more marketing channels and tactics than ever before. That’s why we’re excited to find someone interested in expanding the impact that a PR POV can have on a marketing team and company as a whole. This is a new position in a fast-growing company, so the person filling it will have the opportunity to shape and run with it. In fact, they will be expected to!
What You’ll Get To Do:
PR and Communications
- Partner with our PR Consultant on the strategy development and day-to-day activity including content pitching, press placement in the long and short lead, and overall communication across brand announcements. Your focus will be on Yohana, it’s master brand and products, whereas our consultant focuses more on our CEO’s thought leadership platform
- Manage inbound consumer and business media requests for Yohana
- Manage the relationship with our PR agency.
- Assist with the creation of press releases, press briefing documents; FAQs, Factsheets; coordinate quotes and approvals from internal business and product stakeholders
- Collaborate cross-functionally with our growth, product marketing, and brand marketing teams to inform and align the integrated go-to-market campaigns with seasonal opportunities for earned media
- Owns a conference calendar and craft compelling speaker submissions.
- Execute PR initiatives that amplify our brand, differentiate our product in the market, and establish Yohana as a thought leader with busy parents.
- Partner with our PR Consultant on managing the relationship and shared strategy between Yohana and the Panasonic Communication teams, Japan HQ as well as North America
- Mine for interesting stories within the Yohana Member community and across our rich data set.
- Design and manage a customer testimonial program; identify and create stories to be used across PR, Marketing, and product touchpoints, etc.
- Inform the strategy for the initial build-out of Yohana’s blog, partnering with writers and SEO consultants. This includes briefing writers (or directly contributing) blog post content.
- Identifies opportunities for hyper-localized strategic brand partnerships, editor, press outlets, publications, blogs, and events/activations to amplify earned and paid media efforts.
- Partner with the growth and brand marketing teams in and local media initiatives in select cities including brainstorming ideas, getting scrappy, and finding innovative ways to bring the brand to life.
What You’ll Bring:
- 5+ years of experience working in PR and communications teams in tech-, lifestyle- and/or family-focused companies. International experience is a plus.
- Comfort working in fast-growing, fast-paced companies
- A passion for creative storytelling and an aversion for cookie-cutter PR tactics.
- An appreciation/understanding of how social media works with press to help stories travel. You don’t have to be an influencer, but you need to know how to work with them.
- Experience translating quantitative and qualitative data into communication strategies across multiple personas
- Experience briefing creative and content creation teams
- Comfortable presenting to executive-level leadership
What We Offer:
- Opportunity to join a hyper-growth startup on a mission to make well-being attainable for modern families
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, FSA
- 401k with employer match
- Life and Short Term Disability Insurance
- Supplemental Medical Coverage
- Unlimited PTO
- 12 Company Holidays
- Paid Maternity and Parental Leave
- Paid Caregiver Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Group and 1 on 1 Career Coaching
- Pet Insurance
- Casual Dress Code
- Catered Lunch & Snacks
- Discounts on Panasonic products
- Company Social Events
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety-sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest.