Maintenance Services Representative
Requires Transport Canada AME license
Who we are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
As a Maintenance Services Representative for PAC, you will be using your A&P license to service our electronic aviation devices onboard planes! How exciting would it be to be a part of the technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
As a Maintenance Service Representative you will perform maintenance, preventive maintenance, and alterations to Panasonic Avionics Corporation (PAC) In-flight Entertainment Systems on aircraft subjected to Transport Canada Regulations to include: troubleshooting and testing of electronic assemblies and units, the removal and replacement of electronic assemblies, units or cabling while installed in the aircraft and the modification/alteration of installed equipment.
Aircraft/IFE Maintenance and Support
- Perform built-in test (BIT) and manual test of Panasonic Avionics Corporation IFE systems.
- Troubleshoot electronic units, cabling or seat consoles in which failures occur down to the line replaceable modules, using knowledge of electronic theory.
- Identify necessary repairs to restore functional acceptance, which may require the removal and replacement of defective line replaceable modules and/or cabling.
- Operate a vehicle on airport property and around aircraft.
- Operate airline communications equipment.
- Communicate and interface with customer.
- Document the testing and repairs using computer and bar-coding equipment.
- Receive and prepare parts.
- Assist in tracking the spares inventory.
- Perform other reasonable related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor or upper management.
What we are looking for:
- Must be authorized to work in Canada
- Transport Canada AME License (TCL). Preferably Category M2 and or E –Avionics
- Must have Transport Canada Airport Security clearance
- 3-5 Years Aviation Maintenance experience. IFE/Avionics experience a plus.
- Must hold a valid driver's license and be able to meet the requirements of the airport authority for access and vehicle operation on their premises.
- Must be able to work any shift, any day, including holidays and weekends.
- Must have excellent customer service skills. Able to be the face of Panasonic for our aviation customers and partners. Works well in teams.
- Ability to pass extensive security and background checks.
- Ability to work in a high-stress, high-pressure environment.
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments.
- Works on problems of moderate to diverse scope requiring considerable judgment and initiative.
- Understands implications of work and makes recommendations for solutions.
- Knowledge of electronic and troubleshooting generally acquired through commercial aviation, military experience or technical school education combined with one or two years of related industry experience.
- May require both international and domestic travel, up to 25 % of the time, to other line station locations to provide relief from time to time as required.
- Must be able to work any shift, weekends and holidays.
- Manual dexterity to grasp and work with tool parts and equipment.
- Ability to climb and work from ladder or platform, and endure sitting, standing, bending or twisting for extended periods and ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to operate under extreme weather conditions and in confined spaces for extended periods.
- Ability to cope with environmental conditions which may include exposure to congestion and varying noise levels.
- Climb and work from ladder or platforms.
Must be able to meet the requirements of the airport authority and/or airline customers related to health and safety and/or access to the airport, airplanes, and related equipment; including vaccination and testing where lawful and applicable.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What we offer:
- Paid time off: Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure. All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year plus a paid company-wide shut down in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year.
- Insurance: Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI). Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family. Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested
- Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.