Who we are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more.
If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
Manage local inventory and implement measures to keep it in target level. Facilitate inbound and outbound logistics of units for repair, combined with continuous internal and external customer contacts towards resolution of repairs. Handle imports and exports in compliance with customs procedures.
Inventory and Repairs
- Responsible for optimizing inventory level without impacting aircraft deliveries and fill rate commitments and liaise with other Panasonic OEM locations to ensure an overall inventory perspective for the OEM team.
- Responsible for the accuracy of the inventory, on hand quantities and required technical modification levels.
- Manage and administer the Oracle database system tracking the logistics of parts
- Liaison and coordinator for all issues regarding the relationship between Panasonic and freight forwarders from a logistics, procurement and administrative perspective.
- Oversees shipping of unserviceable parts to the repair stations within deadline set on request, and coordinates with the repair station administration for the follow up of parts in repair.
- Provides repair quotes to Airbus and follows up on paperwork. Approves and challenges OEM repair quotes.
- Liaise as necessary with Panasonic departments to achieve results such as Order Management, Material Planning, Customs Compliance, Finance and Repair Shops.
- Takes part in audits to stock room and related processes.
- Act as a central coordinator with local suppliers including the negotiation of rates and raising of Purchase Requisitions and Purchase Orders as required.
- Interface and first point of contact between the various German authorities and Panasonic in Hamburg/Germany on all necessary issues.
- Organize and coordinate business travel where necessary for employees and visitors.
- Negotiate and supervise the leasing contracts for the company cars.
- Assists where required with the training of colleagues.
- Develop processes and procedures to improve the efficiency of the Hamburg office in its interaction with other areas of the business. These will include (but will not be limited to) the areas of procurement, logistics and administration.
- Coordinates the logistics of Rapid Deployment modification.
- Write and maintain updated Work Instructions for Goods In / Goods out and procedures to supply parts.
- Undertake any other duties reasonably required by Panasonic management.
- Regular reporting to ABS (Airbus Business Segment) Operations Management on any issue which requires escalation or awareness.
- Provide forecast report about expected inventory level. Notify management about threshold excess and actively propose counter measures.
- Check recent rejection trends and compare to on-hand quantities.
What we’re looking for:
- Ability to come up with innovative solutions and to work with several departments, internally and externally, for their validation and implementation.
- Knowledge of Customs, export and import procedures
- Solid understanding of aircraft and avionic terms.
- Ability to communicate effectively and to work collaboratively with internal and external customers at all levels and diverse backgrounds.
- Posses Research skills and ability to prepare reports and recommendations.
- Ability to complete tasks quickly including the capability to multi-task.
- A proactive approach to tasks.
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Demonstrated professionalism and ability to protect confidential information.
- Ability to organize own work, coordinate projects, set priorities, meet deadlines, and follow up on assignments with a minimum of direction.
- Ability to maintain professional appearance.
- Ability to be discreet with confidential matters and maintain compliance with ISM.
- Must have stores/warehouse experience, preferably in aviation.
- Ability to work on own initiative or as part of a small team.
- Good computer literacy – ability to understand and create Microsoft Spreadsheets / Lotus / Oracle, or similarly styled Inventory Control systems.
- Understanding of Aerospace Industry standards (Airworthiness and Airbus). Basic knowledge of certification regulations (Part 21, Part 145, etc).
- Fluent in written and spoken English and German (French a plus).
- Specialization in Logistics preferably a Degree.
- 2 - 4 years of related experience with minimum 1 year past experience in an administrative or coordination role.
- Clean driving license.
- Some lifting of moderately heavy equipment.
- Travel 10% including, if necessary, at weekends.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What we offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.