We are a world leader in manufacturing, selling, installing, and servicing merchandising equipment and refrigeration systems to customers worldwide. We have customers including supermarkets, mass merchants, warehouse clubs, convenience stores, drug stores, and food service. We do more than provide a refrigeration system or install and maintain equipment. We provide our customers with solutions to make their businesses better. That can be how we provide a total store package or how we reduce energy usage of the store. It's about the solutions and providing them to our customers. Our mission is to continuously provide the most customer-focused solutions in the food retailing industry.
You will lead a team of service technicians based on a specified demographic area or project/customer assignment. You will respond the customer's need for service and maintenance of equipment through maintenance, diagnosis and repair of refrigeration, heating and air-conditioning system commonly installed in supermarkets, convenient stores and cold storage facilities. You will mentor your team by providing guidance and challenging assignments to grow their abilities.
- Partner with Service Coordinator/Dispatcher to assess potential system issues based on customer information and assign tasks accordingly. Liaison between the office, service, and install to promote greater continuity between departments.
- Perform prescribed, routine maintenance procedures on supermarket refrigeration system and self-contained temperature-controlled merchandisers.
- Maintenance, diagnosis and repair of refrigeration, heating and air-conditioning systems commonly installed in supermarkets, convenient stores and cold storage facilities.
- Survey new customer sites and help quote service and maintenance.
- Develop excellent customer relationships.
- Provide technical guidance, and training to Service Technicians at all levels.
- Implement relevant training and provide opportunities for ongoing professional development for technicians.
- Intrinsically involved with screening, interviewing and hiring new technicians.
- Correctly teach all the previously listed items.
- Report to Field Service Manager or Area Service Manager.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Have a Valid Driver's License and maintain a safe driving record accordance with the Fleet Policy.
- Must be physically able to walk distances, bench and crouch, climb ladders, work at high elevations and lift/carry objects up to fifty pounds, repetitively and for an external period.
- Provide prompt and detailed communications.
- Have experience in mechanical troubleshooting and servicing.
- Available to work nights and/or weekends.
- Working knowledge of basic refrigeration and knowledge of commercial refrigeration and HVAC.
- Have Experience leading others in the workplace.
- EPA Certification.
- EPA 608 Universal Certification.
- Schedule work for other technicians.
Education Level: High school diploma minimum
Minimum Years of Experience Necessary: High School Diploma/GED and Certification from a Technical School with 7 years of experience or High School Diploma/GED and 10 Years of experience in the field
- Incentives paid twice per year
- Benefits first day
- Paid training with access to Hussmann Institute Online library
- Paid vacation and 12 paid holidays
- Excellent Medical Insurance
- 401K Match
- Tuition reimbursement (industry-related)
- Streamlined hiring
- Paid drive time (including overtime)
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
Hussmann is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to veteran status, disability, age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, or any other non-merit based factor.