About the Role:
Direct testing and development activities for refrigerated products tested at the Suwanee laboratory. This position is responsible for developing test requirements to support the test objective, interpreting the results, and documenting the testing activities. The incumbent selects and applies standard laboratory procedures and develops new test procedures as needed to ensure all necessary testing is completed to meet the project goals. The incumbent has the ability to make necessary modifications and adaptations to the testing equipment to achieve the testing objective.
The incumbent will be responsible for monitoring existing facility systems and directing appropriate actions as necessary. The incumbent will plan and execute facilities and maintenance projects such as the lab implementation, future upgrades and replacement of obsolete facility systems and environmental control systems, as the CapEX cycle allows.
Incumbent should be familiar with various types of commercial and industrial refrigeration systems configurations, common facilities support systems such as steam, water, and pneumatics, as well as common control & communication methods and equipment. Direction of maintenance staff, as well as outside contractors, to accomplish maintenance and repairs, as required.
While performing all duties within the role, the incumbent will be expected to demonstrate the 7 Hussmann Behaviors for Success while adhering to all safety standards.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage and coordinate the lab implementation with vendors, contractors, and internal management
- Manage the capital expenditure and report out progress as required
- Manage day to day lab operations and support team to deliver the Hussmann Promise Coordinate testing with Bridgeton and Monterrey as a total support function to the systems business
- Ensure products meet compliance, regulatory, performance and Hussmann Safety requirements
- Set up, monitor, and report results of assigned laboratory tests. Recommend and implement design changes on tested equipment
- Translate project objectives into a schedule of activities covering testing and evaluation
- Assist in the development of new refrigeration systems. Evaluate test results and make necessary changes in testing program or modifications of equipment under test to continue on with test objectives
- Prepare reports detailing the objectives and conclusions of the testing project
- Analyze laboratory test procedures and determine areas of improvement, as necessary. Monitor all facility systems and direct actions as needed. Those systems include, but are not limited to: Process Water System, Boilers, Air Conditioners, Exhaust Fans, Support Equipment, Maintain/Deploy LabView Code Line, PLCs, Calibration instrumentation support
- Plan and execute Facilities/Maintenance projects. For Example: Boiler Cleaning and Maintenance, Cooling Tower Cleaning and Maintenance, Management of outside contractors (electricians, pipefitter, etc.)
- Plan and maintain safety systems--Annual Lock Out, Tag Out Placard Review, Electrical Glove Compliance, Monthly Safety Meeting
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- BS degree(s) in Engineering or Technical Discipline
- MS in controls or MEMS, preferred
- 7-10 years of product design and evaluation experience
- 2-5 years Plant Engineering experience preferred
- Strong design and project management skills
- Experience in parallel rack and heat transfer products, highly preferred
- Experience in refrigeration controls and electronics, highly preferred
- Excellent communication skills, oral & written
- Strong analytical skills
- Lean or Six Sigma Black Belt Certification a plus
Our organization offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
Comprehensive Insurance Plans: Health, Dental and Vision, 401k with Company Matching Contribution, Discretionary 401k Company Contribution, Tuition Reimbursement Program, Life/Disability Insurance, Family Leave, Panasonic Employee Discounts, Paid Vacation and Holidays, Wellness Program, Identity Protection, Community Stewardship, Employee Assistance Program and more.
Hussmann is a subsidiary of Panasonic USA. Finding a better way has always been the Hussmann way. Since 1906, our focus on innovation has helped food retailers succeed. We hold over a 122 U.S. patents as well as 320 international patents from more than a dozen countries. We collaborate with customers across a variety of food retail segments as we work towards fulfilling a promise for better businesses, better partners, and a better world.
Hussmann is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to veteran status, disability, age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, or any other non-merit based factor.