Panasonic Connect - Group Accounting Manager
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You'll Get To Do:
Scope of Role:
- Candidate is responsible for overseeing Sales and Business Unit support and the financial services area including Credit, AR, Inventory and AP.
- Provide timely and detailed analysis of budgets, forecasts, financial trends.
- Work closely with Sales and Business Unit Management in the preparation of forecasts, business plans, and mid-term plan projections
- Guide and supervise all activities pertaining to business unit support activities
- Accountable for ensuring that policies and procedures -internal controls- are in place to provide reasonable assurance that company assets are protected.
- Demonstrate proven ability in developing models and conducting analyses that identify critical trends, support strategic decision making and create forward visibility
- Evaluate and advise on the long-term impacts of financial planning, the launch of new products or strategies.
- Responsible for proper timing and application of revenue recognition guidelines under IFRS15. It entails a real-time review of orders with a value greater than 100K and its terms for changes needed and determination of proper timing of revenue recognition. Involves significant interaction with Sales and Operations Support groups.
- Ensures that company financial records are prepared and maintained in compliance with company policies, US GAAP and IFRS guidelines.
- Responsible for reviewing monthly and quarterly account reconciliations and other documents to ensure compliance.
- Drive change within the organization through robust financial analysis and strong business partnership
- Be a trusted advisor to senior management on the short-term and long-term financial implications of the on-going and new business activities.
- Oversee the monthly variance analysis of actual vs. operating, capital, and project spending vs. plan, forecast, and prior-year; including responsibility for driving cost control
- Ensures that the accounting department is staffed with qualified financial personnel capable of meeting the objectives and responsibilities, Responsible for continued development of these associates.
What You'll Bring:
- BS or BA Degree in Accounting and either CPA or MBA required
- 10 years of experience, including previous management responsibility.
- Must have comprehensive knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles -GAAP- and International financial reporting standard principles -IFRS. Public accounting experience is a plus. Have knowledge of SAP tools, designs, and various reporting tools including BPC, Cognos, Tableau. In addition, advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills required.
- Strong leadership skills required
- Outstanding analytical skills as well as a strong business acumen also required
- Strong experience in working as a business partner in delivering better decision support and enabling strategic initiatives which help to improve organization financial performance
- Demonstrated ability to form, lead, and develop high performing teams
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision, highly organized
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to think creatively, highly driven, and self-motivated
- Demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves and work with team members in a hands-on management capacity
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.
All applicants are subject to the Company’s mandatory vaccination policy. All employees are required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance.