Panasonic Connect – Field Engineer
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us
What You’ll Get to Do:
- Support system build-up to ensure full value of Panasonic products and acceptance/sign off on all projects
- Understand client/partner’s short and long-term client goals and objectives as they relate to their technology needs
- Develop a solid understanding of all Panasonic welding products and services and align to client technology needs
- Perform required technical research and due diligence on hardware and software solutions as they pertain to the clients technology needs 30 percent
- Perform technical presales activity such as welding trial and have meetings with internal team, clients and partners to ensure their demand.
- Manage client expectations and interface with client personnel, working to build positive, long lasting relationships with all clients
- Ability and willingness to develop a solid understanding of all Panasonic welding products and arc welding 30 percent
- Travel to customers often with short or immediate notice
- Provide service such as repair, production support and welding improvement at customers their facility, system integrator or office in Hilliard, OH.
- Provide training to customer or integrator about Panasonic welding products including operation, maintenance, and welding 10 percent
- Complete project form such as service report, investigation report and internal reporting document in timely manner
- Providing technical support for Panasonic welding product with own knowledge and experience.
- Setup Panasonic robot to integrate to welding system
- Provide service for equipment on welding system such as robot, fixture, light curtain etc. to solve issues.
- Complete pre-sales activity such as welding trial with customer’s parts, support our internal team about system designing.
- Cooperate with system integrators and customers to ensure full value of Panasonic products on welding system.
- Responsible for reporting with project forms such as service report, investigation report etc. to share technical information with team and customers
What You'll Bring:
Education and Experience:
- B.S. Degree in the following areas: Mechanic, Mechatronics, Welding or similar required
- CAD software operation skill would be preferred (Solid works or 3D-inventor)
- Minimum 5 plus Years of Experience in manufacturing industry area related to welding industry
- Carries out complex technical assignments to install, troubleshoot, modify, and repair our core products and solutions at customer sites, with minimal assistance or supervision.
- Effective and efficient troubleshooting, while working in potentially high pressure circumstances, in achieving 100% problem resolution of repair activity with 24 hours of arrival at customer site.
- Key communications contacts (internal/external) and level of persuasion required
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with the ability to interface effectively and professionally with customers, team in internally and externally, are required and essential to success in this position, and in PSSNA-PA activities, in general.
- Capability in effective, timely communication with internal departments (Technical Support, PMO, Sales, Product Teams, Spare Parts, Engineering, Order Processing, Accounting, etc) with format such as excel, word, power point etc.
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively (often 65%, or greater), domestically and internationally, often with very short or immediate notice, with flexible work hours
- Capable to complete project sheet such as service report and internal reporting documents in excel, word, power point etc. in timely manner.
- Capable to check 3D drawings and execute easy modification by Solid Works or 3D inventor.
- Capable to work in manufacturing factory production environments
- Capable to solve an issue with flexible and customer first mindset.
- Capable to define colors especially green, red, blue, black and yellow. These colors are for identify electric pole.
- Capable to handle industrial tools such as screw driver, wrenches, priers etc.
- Capable of lifting over 50 pounds (22.7 kg), standing for long periods on factory floors, and maneuvering in factory production environments and confined spaces to execute technical activities.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.
All applicants to PNA are subject to the Company’s mandatory vaccination policy. All employees are required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance.