This position is eligible for a hybrid-remote work schedule.
The Field Quality Project Leader will represent all Hussmann product divisions. The role will serve as project manager for field quality corrective action activities ensuring timely, on budget completion of assigned projects and customer satisfaction. The FQPL is the liaison between the field (our customers, commercial team, service providers, FER/FQS teams) and our internal cross functional teams. This position provides the technical leadership to deliver a superior value proposition on all Hussmann manufactured equipment that meets customer, market and regulatory requirements.
- Must actively demonstrate and promote the Hussmann Promise and the Hussmann Behaviors for Success. Coordinate and execute field retrofit and containment activities. This includes contractor coordination, publishing technical bulletins, scoping work, parts ordering/coordination, cost estimation and tracking project completion.
- Submit RFQ, evaluate options and select project providers. Manage and approve costs associated with field projects to ensure on budget completion of assigned projects.
- Serve as a liaison between manufacturing / sales / field personnel / technical support / branch operations with all plant design and quality engineering teams for all products we manufacture. Lead/participate in product/process improvement teams as required.
- Technical expert-Work with plant quality & engineering teams on conducting “Root Cause Analysis” for field/customer product issues.
- Maintain knowledge of all Hussmann products, systems, and procedures to ensure continued product excellence.
- Other assigned duties commensurate with Project management, Field Quality Specialist and/or Tech support agent R&R.
Scope & Dimensions:
This position will support the entire Hussmann business, all manufacturing sites and corporate quality activities, along with directly contacting customers and service providers outside of the Hussmann corporation.
Formal Education Requirement:
Required Level: Other Associates degree/Commensurate technical certifications in HVAC/R or electrical
Preferred level: Bachelor’s Degree
Minimum Years of Experience Necessary: 10 – 20
Extensive Hussmann product knowledge and a strong commercial refrigeration & electrical background is required. Ability to manage multiple tasks and conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment. Must have a high degree of personal accountability and ability to work independently to identify and execute on business goals with little assistance. Knowledge of project management, quality assurance concepts, methods and techniques is a plus. Comprehensive application of MS Office tools is required. Knowledge of Hussmann systems a plus (CRM Dynamics, Intelex, Tavant, Team Center). Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management and customers (internal and external). Travel is required as necessary. Ability to safely navigate manufacturing plants and job sites is required.