Panasonic – Field Application Engineer
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You'll Get To Do:
- Primary contact with customer in all pre-development work
- Responsible to fix design specification with customers during the beginning stage of development process
- Meet with customers as necessary to make sure proposed specification will meet customers needs.
- Provide cell, pack and system related technical support to customers on battery pack solution according to the applications and customers and markets needs.
- Perform and communicate customers current needs and future trend to JPN FAE team and HQ technical team.
- Assist factory in resolving technical issues, when necessary.
- Develop and find next solutions for cell, battery pack and system, conduct market research and device analysis according to customers applications and competitor - Including customers competitor
- Develop project plans, coordinate project, communicate changed and progress, complete project task on time within budget.
What You'll Bring:
Education and Experience:
- BS in a related Engineering field - for example: Electrical Eng.
- Minimum of 3 years technical application experience in the battery industry- with customer contact preferred or experienced in system development
- An understanding of battery design - Li-ion cell, Lithium primary cell, protection circuit - in order to provide in-depth knowledge
- Require knowledge of both battery and battery protection circuit and mechanical design.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software, with strong Word, Excel, and PowerPoint ability
- Proficient in English - both oral and written
- An ability of communicating in Japanese - both writing and reading - is preferred.
- Highly self-motivated and entrepreneurial
- Opportunity focused and results driven
- Proactively improves customer relations; Responsive, Identifies Needs, Monitors Satisfaction
- Clear vision, sense of urgency, effective prioritization, and adjustment of activities; Effective time management, leverage or resources
- Communication and Collaboration
- High level of proactive communication - written and oral - and Build networks, collects and shares wisdom through training/experience
- Provides clear direction and expectations; Closed loop feedback
- Decisive, focused, and proactive drive for execution; Raise the Bar – independent implementation of solutions
- Strategic and Innovative approach to complex engineering issues
- Excellent written/oral communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work in complex organization with many points of contact
- Timely communication with the Customers, Sales Team and or Group Sales Manager, Product Managers, Marketing, and Technical Services
- 20 to 30 percent travel - domestic - required.
- Some international travel required.
- Texas Colony office or others
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.
All applicants are subject to the Company’s mandatory vaccination policy. All employees are required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance.